Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors * The America's Incredible Pizza ...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company race team raced at Nashville Superspeedway last weekend where Lagasse Jr. scored his second top-10 finish of the season (10th)
* Lagasse Jr. was the top finishing Raybestos rookie of the year contender last weekend at Nashville. He currently sits third in the rookie battle just one point out of second and six points out of first
* The top-10 finish has advanced Lagasse Jr. into the ninth position in the driver point standings just six races into the season
* Lagasse Jr. will make his third appearance at Phoenix International Raceway this weekend. His career best start of seventh in the NASCAR Nationwide Series came at Phoenix last fall with CJM Racing. The team finished out the event in 20th
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* The 2009 season marks the second season CJM Racing will compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series full-time. The team currently sits 13th in the owner point standings after six races this season
* Heroes come in many forms and this week's hero is being recognized for his creative thinking in solving a long standing problem; stray animals. Sheriff Joe Arpaio from Maricopa County, Arizona took the initiative and his resources to give stray animals a second chance at life. What initially started out as a way to save the county money soon turned into a humane way to save an animal's life.
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on the Season Thus Far:
"I'm having a blast this season. The team has great chemistry and they have put together some great equipment for me to run in. We have quietly been climbing up in the points and have been consistent. As a rookie, I'm still learning and I don't know how much I can get away with these cars yet. I keep finding myself wanting to run these cars too free so we just keep tightening them up and we go faster. I have to get the ARCA cars and dirt cars that I grew up driving out of my head and be thinking about Nationwide cars."
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Phoenix:
"It's nice to go back to a track I have run on a couple times. There is a sort of comfort level with me heading into Phoenix this weekend. The tracks a lot of fun to race on and always proves to be nonstop action. I like the fact that the track configuration is different from any other track we go to on the schedule."