* Reed Sorenson returns to Phoenix with Braun Racing! Sorenson has had an impressive career with the Dollar General team. In 2009, he piloted the No. 32 Toyota at Gateway International Raceway in July and Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in ...
* Reed Sorenson returns to Phoenix with Braun Racing! Sorenson has had an impressive career with the Dollar General team. In 2009, he piloted the No. 32 Toyota at Gateway International Raceway in July and Phoenix International Raceway (PIR) in November, finishing second and third, respectively. Sorenson also earned two top-10 finishes in his three starts in Braun Racing's No. 10 entry. This weekend's race at PIR marks his third race in the No. 32 in 2010. He first climbed behind the wheel at Bristol Motor Speedway (March) where he finished seventh and last weekend finished second at Nashville Superspeedway after leading a hard charge for the win in the closing laps.
* Sorenson set to make his sixth NNS start at Phoenix. In his five previous starts, he has started in the top-10 three times. He has two top-five and four top-10 finishes at the one-mile track.
* Impressive numbers at Phoenix! Sorenson ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Average Running Position (8th), Closers (7th), Driver Rating (8th), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (7th), Fastest Laps Run (8th), Fastest on Restarts (8th), Fastest Green Flag Speed (8th), Laps in the Top-15 (7th), Quality Passes (9th) and Speed in Traffic (8th).
* Autism Awareness Month! Braun Racing is supporting sponsor, Dollar General, and its partnership with Autism Speaks to increase the awareness of autism and raise funds for autism research and advocacy by displaying the Autism Speaks logo on each of the four Braun Racing entries in the NASCAR Nationwide Series during the month of April.
* Dollar General kicked off the month-long campaign with a $50,000 donation and will make an additional $50,000 donation to Autism Speaks for every race won by Sorenson or Brian Vickers in the No. 32 Dollar General car in April. How can you help? Throughout April, Dollar General will offer their customers the opportunity to make donations to Autism Speaks during check-out.
* Autism hits home at Braun Racing. This campaign is extra-special to the Braun Racing family as crew chief Trent Owens' son was diagnosed with autism last year.
* The No. 32 Dollar General team is currently FOURTH in the NNS owner's point standings.
* Chassis #43 makes its return to PIR! The Dollar General team returns to Phoenix with chassis #043. This chassis made its racing debut in the 2009 Able Body Labor 200 at PIR with Sorenson behind the wheel.
Sorenson on racing at Phoenix Int'l Raceway:
"Phoenix is a lot of fun to race at. It's fast and flat and not at all a self-cleaning track, so there is usually a lot of excitement when an accident does happen. It definitely keeps a driver on his toes. I think the key to running well here begins with starting as close to the front as possible, preferably from the pole! The Dollar General team and I ran really good here last fall. Coming off our great run at Nashville, I think we have a lot of momentum and definitely a shot at the win this weekend."
-source: braun racing