* Jason Bowles will make his debut with RAB Racing behind the wheel of the No. 09 Sunrise Ford Fusion on Friday, April 9, in the Bashas' Supermarkets 200 at Phoenix International Raceway. * For the first time since RAB Racing's inception into...
* Jason Bowles will make his debut with RAB Racing behind the wheel of the No. 09 Sunrise Ford Fusion on Friday, April 9, in the Bashas' Supermarkets 200 at Phoenix International Raceway.
* For the first time since RAB Racing's inception into the NNS Series, the No. 09 Ford Fusion owned by Robby Benton will be locked into the field for the Bashas' Supermarkets 200 at PIR.
Former Phoenix Winner: Jason Bowles, the 2009 NASCAR K&N Pro Series West Champion, has one win at the 1-mile tri-oval in the West Series (April, 2009). Bowles has one start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series at Phoenix piloting the No. 61 Specialty Racing Ford where he experienced a strong start but was caught up in a late race incident relegating him to a 31st place finish.
Double Duty in the Desert: In addition to his duties behind the wheel of the No. 09 Sunrise Ford Fusion, Bowles will pilot the No. 31 Childress Institute for Pediatric Trauma Chevrolet for GGRT/RCR in the K&N Pro Series West race on Thursday, April 8, at Phoenix International Raceway. Bowles is looking forward to defending his title in this year's event.
Background on Bowles: An Ontario, California native, Bowles began racing at the age of eleven, progressing through the karting ranks and annually winning regional, state and series championships. He made the transition into stock cars when he began racing late models at Irwindale Speedway before making his move into the NASCAR's touring divisions.
Points Check: Following a top-20 finish by Scott Riggs at Nashville Superspeedway, the No. 09 Ford Fusion is currently 19th in the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings with 490 points; a mere 22 markers outside the top-15.
On Board with RAB Racing:
* Sunrise Ford, a West Coast based Ford dealer, will be on board with RAB Racing this weekend as a primary sponsor of the No. 09 Ford. Bowles and Sunrise Ford built a relationship through the K&N Pro Series West division and the dealership has stepped up to show their support of the rookie driver. For more information on Sunrise Ford please visit: www.sunriseford.com
* Embassy Suites hotel in Phoenix-Scottsdale will be on the quarter panels of the No. 09 Ford Fusion as an associate sponsor this weekend for the 200 lap showdown at PIR Friday night. Embassy Suites is the official hotel of the sophomore team while they are in the Phoenix area and RAB would like to welcome them aboard this weekend.
Do you think running the K&N Pro Series West race on Thursday evening will help you in your Nationwide car on Friday?
"Yes, I think any racing on the same track will help. Racing Thursday night will help me get acclimated to all of the bumps, the banking and anything that has changed on the track since the last time I was there."
In your opinion does Phoenix fall into the same category as a short track?
"The track does have some short track characteristics but it's not 100% like a short track. I think it is a good combination that provides some good racing."
What's unique about race at Phoenix?
"Phoenix is a very unique place in that it has two completely different corners. You have different banking and a different radius on each end of the track. It always seems like if you get the car working good on one end you struggle on the other, so it a compromise. I don't think it compares to any track that I have raced at but it's one of my favorites."
-source: rab racing