CARL EDWARDS WINS AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY * Carl Edwards captured his 19th NASCAR Nationwide Series victory and second at Phoenix International Raceway * The Phoenix International Raceway win was the eighth for Ford ...
CARL EDWARDS WINS AT PHOENIX INTERNATIONAL RACEWAY
* Carl Edwards captured his 19th NASCAR Nationwide Series victory and second at Phoenix International Raceway
* The Phoenix International Raceway win was the eighth for Ford in 2008
* This is Edwards' sixth victory of 2008
* Ford has now won seven of the 13 NASCAR Nationwide Series races at Phoenix International Raceway
* Ford has now won 160 NASCAR Nationwide Series races
* Edwards remains second in NASCAR Nationwide Series points with one race remaining. He trails Clint Bowyer by 56 points.
* This is the 97th win for team owner Jack Roush. He is the winningest owner in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
JAMIE MCMURRAY -- No. 17 CitiFinancial Ford Fusion -- (finished 7th, qualified 6th) --"We had a pretty good car in practice and qualified average. Then it was just too loose the entire race. These races you have to get your adjustments done early. I was scared to have them adjust it too much. We just never caught up to it."
HOW WAS THE VISIBILITY WITH THE SUN SETTING? "Very, very poor. I don't know why they started the race and try to make it end in the sunset doesn't makes sense. And they do it every year. It's almost dangerous to drive down in the first turn like that."
JASON KELLER -- No. 27 Kleenex/Bashas' Ford Fusion -- (finished 13th, qualified 23rd)
"This was definitely one of the better runs in this car. We did what we said we had to do, get better. This was the same car we had in Memphis and in Memphis we honestly weren't that good. I felt like we were better today. We still have a little ways to go, but we wanted to show improvement and that's what we did today."
DAVID RAGAN -- No. 6 Discount Tire Ford Fusion -- (finished 15th, qualified 8th)
YOU COULD HAVE USED ANOTHER CAUTION? "Yeah, we just weren't good to start off with. We needed 10 cautions today to work on our race car. We just didn't start out good. The long runs just hurt us. We could go halfway decent for a few laps and the longer we ran the worse we got. The caution came out at the wrong time."
IT SEEMED LIKE THERE WERE MORE SHORT RUNS THAN LONG RUNS. "Yeah, early in the race. That's why we were average. We probably had a 12th to 15th place car and that's why we could run in the top 10 because there were a lot of short runs at the beginning of the race. The one long run, we just weren't very good and we got bit for it."
CAN YOU USE THE TRACK TIME TODAY IN TOMORROW'S RACE? "Yeah, the track doesn't have a lot of grip when the sun is out and everybody is racing. It's just that much more important to have a good handling car."
-credit: ford racing