Dodge in NASCAR Nationwide Series * Five races into the 2010 season, Penske Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded one win (Allgaier, Bristol), along with a combined seven top-five and nine top-10 finishes. * Penske...
Dodge in NASCAR Nationwide Series
* Five races into the 2010 season, Penske Racing's two NASCAR Nationwide Series entries have recorded one win (Allgaier, Bristol), along with a combined seven top-five and nine top-10 finishes.
* Penske Dodge's have earned two poles in five races this season - both by Brad Keselowski (Las Vegas and Bristol).
JUSTIN ALLGAIER -- No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Highlights:
* Earned his first NASCAR Nationwide Series win two races ago at Bristol Motor Speedway, leading a 1-2 Penske Racing/Dodge finish.
* Currently third in Nationwide Series driver points standings, 21 behind the leader.
* Has five-consecutive top-10 finishes -- the most of his career.
* PIR career-best finish of eighth came at last season's spring event.
* Allgaier was the 2009 Raybestos Rookie of the Year in the Nationwide Series.
* Earned his first career Nationwide Series pole at Memphis last fall.
* Second full year with Penske Racing in Nationwide Series.
* Won the ARCA championship in 2008, posting six wins and overcoming a 105-point deficit in final race.
BRAD KESELOWSKI -- No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Highlights:
* Currently second in the Nationwide Series driver point standings, 16 points behind series leader Carl Edwards.
* Has earned four top-five finishes in the first five Nationwide Series starts in 2010.
* Keselowski earned his fourth consecutive top-five finish of the season at Nashville Superspeedway last week, finishing fifth.
* Earned the fifth pole of his career two races ago at Bristol Motor Speedway; his second pole this season.
* Recorded career-high four victories in 2009 (Dover, Iowa, Michigan and Memphis).
* Had 22 top-five and 28 top-10 finishes in 35 starts last season.
DID YOU KNOW
* Dodge drivers currently hold two of the top-three positions in the 2010 NNS driver point standings.
* In seven previous Nationwide Series starts at Phoenix, Penske Racing entries have recorded one top-five and two top-10 finishes, and have been atop the leader board for 36 laps.
* Brad Keselowski's trails NNS leader Carl Edwards by only 16 points - the closest the second-place driver has been after five races since 2002.
Justin Allgaier, No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge
"I really enjoy racing at Phoenix. It's good to head to a race track where we've completed almost every lap that we've attempted. At the same time, our finishes haven't been spectacular. We feel like we've learned a lot over the three races that we've ran and we feel like we've got at least a top-five car for this weekend. Between Brad (Keselowski, teammate) and I, I feel like we can go out there, be competitive and run up front."
Brad Keselowski, No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge
"I feel that every weekend we have a shot at winning in the Nationwide Series. Our team is that strong. The Nationwide program at Penske Racing is that strong. Every weekend is a great opportunity for us to win and I think we can break through for the first win at Phoenix. I've always looked forward to going out there to race. I love the fact that Phoenix is its own unique venue and the community really embraces us twice a year."
-source: dodge motorsports