* Nice stat: In four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at the 1.333-mile superspeedway Riggs has an average starting position of 3.8, which will be beneficial for the No. 09 team that will be required to qualify in the show on time. * Nashville ...
* Nice stat: In four NASCAR Nationwide Series starts at the 1.333-mile superspeedway Riggs has an average starting position of 3.8, which will be beneficial for the No. 09 team that will be required to qualify in the show on time.
* Nashville marks the last race for the top-30 in points from 2009. After this weekend's event, the Nashville 300, the NASCAR Nationwide Series will go to the 2010 owner points.
* In appreciation of the "Sponsor Scott" Fan Car for Nashville, the No. 09 Ford Fusion will be carrying new colors; white with grey and red.
Former Nashville Winner: In just six starts at Nashville Superspeedway (4 NASCAR Nationwide, 2 Camping World Truck Series), Scott Riggs has three wins. The Bahama, NC native has also led 344 laps and captured one pole.
Points Check: Following a DNQ at Bristol Motor Speedway, the No. 09 RAB Racing team still holds tight to a top-25 position in the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings. Scott Riggs is 22nd in driver points and Robby Benton, owner of the No. 09 Ford Fusion is currently 21st; only 22 markers outside the top-15.
"Sponsor Scott" Fan Car: Scott Riggs fans came together just over two weeks ago to show their support for the veteran driver by "Sponsoring Scott". This was a unique opportunity to get your name in the fast lane for the Nashville 300 this weekend. There were different levels of sponsorship but over 75 dedicated fans raised more than $30,000 through various efforts including a "Chicken Plate Fundraiser" sponsored by Scott's old school mates from the Durham, NC area. Fellow NASCAR Nationwide Series driver, Justin Allgaier and his family also stepped up to help the 39-year-old driver and the entire RAB Racing team.
Easter Eggstravaganza: Scott Riggs will join other NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers and media for an Easter Egg Coloring Contest on Friday, April 2nd at Nashville Superspeedway. The event will take place in the lunch area of the media center beginning at 11:00 a.m.
Dash 4 Cash: Created in 2009, Nationwide Insurance developed the "Dash 4 Cash" campaign for the NASCAR Nationwide Series that gives $25,000 to the winner at each of the following events: Nashville Superspeedway (April 3), Kentucky Motor Speedway (June 12), Iowa Speedway (July 31) and Texas Motor Speedway (November 6). Eligible drivers for the program are limited to a full-time ride, and any NASCAR Sprint Cup Series regular that will qualify for all NNS events in 2010. If any eligible driver does not win at one event, the $25,000 will roll-over to include the next event on the list. Also, an additional $75,000 bonus will be awarded at the end of the season to the driver with the highest number of accumulated points over those four events.
Meet Scott Riggs: Scott Riggs will be signing autographs at two locations in Nashville this weekend:
* On Thursday, April 1st Riggs will join other NASCAR Nationwide Series and Camping World Truck Series drivers for a Fan Q & A and Autograph Session at Camping World (Grand Ole Opry location) from 5:50-7:30 p.m.
* On Friday, April 2nd Riggs will sign autographs from 1:00-2:00 p.m. in the Expo area near Gate 3 at Nashville Superspeedway.
Do you have any Easter traditions in the Riggs household?
"Just to spend time with the family and hide Easter Eggs with the kids."
You have three wins at Nashville, which is your most memorable and why?
"I would have to say my first win at Nashville was my most memorable because it was my very first NASCAR Nationwide Series win in only my seventh start."
Where do you keep all your Gibson Guitars?
"I keep them in my basement around my pool table."
-source: rab racing