* Home Sweet Home: Nashville Superspeedway is the "home track" for Brentwood, Tenn.-resident Burney Lamar. Additionally, primary sponsor, Dollar General, is headquartered in nearby Goodlettsville, Tennessee. * Nashville...
* Home Sweet Home: Nashville Superspeedway is the "home track" for Brentwood, Tenn.-resident Burney Lamar. Additionally, primary sponsor, Dollar General, is headquartered in nearby Goodlettsville, Tennessee.
* Nashville Stats: Three starts, one top-10 and two top-15 finishes. Lamar has completed 99.9% of laps (674/675 laps).
* Good Morning with Burney! Burney Lamar, driver of the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota, will appear on Tennessee Mornings (Fox 17, Nashville) on Thursday, April 9th, 2009. The morning show is broadcast from 7-9am.
* Vanderbilt University visit: Lamar and crew chief, Trent Owens, will visit with Vanderbilt University School of Engineering students on Thursday, April 9th, from 1-3 pm. They will tour the School of Engineering's motorsports facility and give advice to students as they prepare their formula-style race car for the upcoming collegiate competitions in Virginia, April 22-25, and in Michigan, May 13-16. The visit is part a unique program developed by Braun Racing and Dollar General Corp. with the School of Engineering that was announced in January.
Burney on racing at home in Nashville:
"Nashville is home for both me and my sponsor, Dollar General, which is headquartered in Goodlettsville, Tennessee, so racing at Nashville Superspeedway is very special. I look forward to sharing the weekend with a small portion of the 72,500 members of the Dollar General family, as well as with my family and our close friends. In addition to it being my home track, I love racing at Nashville. It's a fun track that I have always run well at. Taking the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota there, I know we will unload and be fast. I anticipate we'll get dialed in quickly and have a great race!"
The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #BR037 in this weekend's Pepsi 300. Chassis #37 was last seen at Auto Club Speedway (February 2009). With Brian Vickers behind the wheel, the No. 32 team started 12th and finished eighth. The #37 chassis did not finish outside of the top-10 in all of its 2008 races and the streak is still alive in 2009!
Did You Know...?
Getty Cavitt, jackman for the No. 32 Dollar General team, considers his home track to be Nashville Superspeedway. Cavitt is from nearby, Ownesboro, KY. He is a graduate of Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) where he got his degree in Sociology. Cavitt now works for Michael Waltrip Racing and is a member of the No. 32 Dollar General pit crew.