* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his first career NASCAR start at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Sunday afternoon. He finished 26th at Road America (Wisc.) in June. * The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion will sport the ...
* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his first career NASCAR start at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Sunday afternoon. He finished 26th at Road America (Wisc.) in June.
* The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion will sport the familiar CitiFinancial colors this weekend. CitiFinancial is the primary sponsor for 24 races in 2010 for Stenhouse. The team will use chassis #RK-424 in the Napa 200. In June, Stenhouse started 16th and finished 26th using this chassis at Road America.
* Now Appearing...On Friday August 27, 2010, Stenhouse will be appearing at CitiFinancial Branch 012 on 7195 Newman Blvd., Lasalle Canada between 3:30 p.m. -- 5:30 p.m. EDT. He will also be signing autographs at Ford Racing Festival on Crescent Street in Montreal from 5:45 p.m. -- 6:45 p.m. Both events are open to the public.
* Locked In...The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing team is 23rd in owner points and for the eighth consecutive week is guaranteed a spot in the Napa 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve on Sunday afternoon. The top-30 teams are locked into the event. Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:
"I am looking forward to going to Montreal this weekend. We are taking the same car that we ran at Road America and it is fast. As always, the field is stacked with talent so we have to be on top of our game. Carl (Edwards) won this race last year for CitiFinancial and I hope to be able to give them another good run. I have learned a lot about road racing from my teammates and feel like we should run up front this weekend. Everyone at Roush Fenway Racing has worked really hard on the road course program and I feel like we will benefit on Sunday." J J Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve:
"Road course racing is a challenge. We are going to set a strategy and stick to it. Ricky (Stenhouse) has proven to be fast on road courses so we should expect the same thing in Montreal this weekend. So far this year, we have shown that our cars deserve to be at or near the top of the speed charts. As a company, we have worked long and hard on the road course program and it is paying off. My advice to Ricky is to keep in on the course all weekend and good things will happen for our CitiFinancial team."