* This Week's Verizon Dodge ... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-037 in Sunday afternoon's Napa Auto Parts 200 Presented by Dodge at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. This is a brand-new Verizon Dodge that will be put through its...
* This Week's Verizon Dodge ... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-037 in Sunday afternoon's Napa Auto Parts 200 Presented by Dodge at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. This is a brand-new Verizon Dodge that will be put through its first paces this weekend in Montreal.
* Get to the Points ... Allgaier ranks fourth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series championship point standings heading into this weekend's event at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. He trails current point-leader and Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski by 707 points, and third-place contender Kyle Busch by 273 points.
* Best in Class ... Allgaier's fourth-place position in the point standings is best among full-time, Nationwide Series-only drivers. Allgaier leads fellow Nationwide-only driver Steve Wallace, currently ranked seventh, by 315 points.
* It's as Close to Home as You'll Get ... Dave Shano, backup hauler driver, is the only native Canadian on the Verizon team. Shano was born and raised in Toronto, Ontario, located about 340 miles southwest of Montreal.
* Happy Birthday, Wilbur ... Ed "Wilbur" Peel, mechanic on the No. 12 Verizon Dodge, celebrates his 33rd birthday on Wednesday, August 25.
* Meet the Driver ... Fans can meet Allgaier on Sunday, August 29 from 11:50 a.m. -- 12:20 p.m. EDT at the Dodge Motorsports display, located in the midway at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
Justin Allgaier on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
"I'm really looking to heading to Montreal. It's definitely a very challenging race track. We had a curveball thrown at us in this race last year We practiced and qualified in the rain and raced in the dry. I didn't turn a lap around the place in dry weather until the race started. It goes without saying that our lap times increased significantly as a result. Unfortunately, I wound up taking Ron Fellows out, so I couldn't have had a worse race. The first two road course races of the season haven't exactly gone the way we would have liked, so I'm looking forward to redeeming myself this weekend."
Crew chief Chad Walter on Circuit Gilles Villeneuve
"Circuit Gilles Villeneuve is a great venue. It's a very cool track. It's very hard on brakes, and being able to accelerate is key. I know our finishes at Road America and Watkins Glen don't reflect it, but Justin continues to make steady progress with his road racing skill set. We've run well in practice, and we were fast at Road America after we made repairs and got back on track. I feel like we can have a solid finish at Montreal this weekend."
-source: penske racing