Series Veteran Considered a Rookie at Montreal JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * CJM Racing's primary sponsor, America's Incredible Pizza Company, is family entertainment! High quality, all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta and...
Series Veteran Considered a Rookie at Montreal
JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* CJM Racing's primary sponsor, America's Incredible Pizza Company, is family entertainment! High quality, all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta and dessert buffets as well as an 80-item salad bar, themed dining areas, private party rooms and a fairgrounds family fun center loaded with games, rides and attractions geared for all ages. The all indoor Incredible Fairgrounds includes over 100 interactive, family friendly video and redemption games. Please visit www.incrediblepizza.com for more information
* CJM Racing recently announced a new technical alliance with Joe Gibbs Racing. The new alliance begins on August 1st with CJM Racing switching to Toyota's in 2009
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company race team finished 28th last weekend at O'Reilly Raceway Park. The team fell victim to a flat rear tire, a loose handling condition and a late race penalty
* The NASCAR Nationwide Series will be making their second international appearance this weekend as they head north to Montreal
* Keller will be considered a "rookie" for the first time since the 1990's this weekend. The veteran driver has never run a lap at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve in Montreal and will carry "rookie stripes" on the No. 11 machine
* Keller has 12 road-course starts; posting one top-five and four top-10 finishes over the course of his career
* Keller currently sits 10th in the driver point standings. He sits 53 points out of ninth place
* In 444 career starts; Keller has 10 wins, 82 top-five and 166 top-10 finishes. He currently holds the all-time career start record and winning's in the NASCAR Nationwide Series
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company race team will be running chassis #10 at Montreal; #10 is a brand new chassis
* The NAPA Auto Parts 200 will be broadcast live on ESPN2 this Saturday, August 2nd at 3:00 PM (EST)
KELLER'S THOUGHTS ON LAST WEEKEND AT ORP:
"It's one of those races where expectations were high. We were coming off of a top-five finish at Gateway and heading into a track I really enjoy racing at so it's a little disappointing. We didn't qualify well but I knew we could make the right adjustments to get us through the field. Then it was one thing after another; a right rear going flat, a loose handling condition and then to top it off we got a penalty for entering pit road too fast on our final stop. It's a race we'd like to move on from and hopefully redeem ourselves heading into the upcoming road-course events."
KELLER'S THOUGHTS ON MONTREAL AND ROAD-COURSE RACING:
"How funny is it that I'm considered a "rookie" heading into Montreal? What are the odds of the series veteran be labeled that 17 years into his career? We'll be running "rookie stripes" this weekend and I'm sure it'll throw a lot of people off guard. I'm really looking forward to racing in Montreal though. I've heard that the city is beautiful and that the road-course racing is full of action.
"I'm known more for my short-track racing abilities then for road-course racing. I actually do enjoy road-course racing. It breaks up the schedule a bit and allows us to get in front of a different fan base. We didn't do so bad in Mexico so I'm looking forward to Montreal."
-credit: cjm racing