* Jacques Villeneuve returns to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve with Braun Racing for the third consecutive year. * Villeneuve is not the only Canadian-native on the Dollar General team...Jackman, Shaun Peet, hails from Nanaimo, British Columbia! ...
* Jacques Villeneuve returns to Circuit Gilles Villeneuve with Braun Racing for the third consecutive year.
* Villeneuve is not the only Canadian-native on the Dollar General team...Jackman, Shaun Peet, hails from Nanaimo, British Columbia! The Dartmouth College grad was formerly a hockey player in the American Hockey League (which serves as the second highest level next to the National Hockey League) and the East Coast League. Peet saw his hockey experience translated into success on a pit crew when he joined the ranks of NASCAR in 2002 and now serves as the jackman on both the No. 32 Dollar General team (NNS) and the No. 83 Red Bull team (NASCAR Sprint Cup Series).
* Chassis #052 is ready for road course action at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve! This weekend, the Dollar General team heads to Montreal with chassis #52. This chassis made its track debut earlier this season at Road America (June) where Villeneuve started from the second position but was relegated to a 25th-place finish after facing electrical problems.
* The Dollar General team is SIXTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Villeneuve on his returning his home track with the Dollar General team:
"Even though this is my third year with the Braun Racing team at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve, this year we have an added advantage; this will be my third race with the Dollar General team in 2010 and my fourth with crew chief, Trent Owens. I've had the opportunity to work with the No. 32 team this year at Elkhart Lake (Road America) and Watkins Glen. We've be able to strengthen our communication and I feel we have our best opportunity ever to win the race at Montreal. We are bringing the same car that we took to Road America. The car handled tremendously well there and I feel it will be very fitting for the course in Montreal. Any time you have a car that reacts exactly the way you want it to and it feels like it is an extension of yourself, you can have a lot of fun driving it! That is how this car was at Road America and I can't wait to get back in it this weekend."
-source: braun racing