Notes of Interest: * Villeneuve has one career NASCAR Nationwide Series start. In 2008, he started fifth at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. After leading the event and while running fourth, he was collected in a crash on the final lap of the ...
Notes of Interest:
* Villeneuve has one career NASCAR Nationwide Series start. In 2008, he started fifth at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. After leading the event and while running fourth, he was collected in a crash on the final lap of the rain-shortened event. He was credited with a 16th-place finish.
* What sets him apart: Villeneuve has won the CART Championship (1995), the Formula One Championship (1997) and the Indianapolis 500 (1995), joining Mario Andretti and Emerson Fittipaldi as the only three drivers to achieve such a feat. He is the only Canadian who has won the F1 Championship or the Indianapolis 500.
* Villeneuve has one win at the track that bears his father's name. In 1993, he drove in the North American Toyota Atlantic Series. Villeneuve won five events that season, one of which was at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve. Another win here for the Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec-native would result in quite a celebration!
* Formula 1 stats at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve: He has 10 Formula One starts at the 2.71-mile (4.361 km) Montreal road course, earning his best F1 finish there of second in June, 1996.
* Canadian Tire Series: Villeneuve has two starts this season in the 2009 Canadian Tires Series. His best start was fifth and his best finish was fourth, both in the August, 2009 event at Circuit de Trois-Rivieres.
* The world famous road racer has two oval starts in NASCAR's premier series: In 2007, Villeneuve raced at Talladega Superspeedway and Phoenix International Raceway in the Sprint Cup Series. That same year he made eight starts in the Camping World Truck Series.
* Testing, testing...Prior to the Bristol race weekend, the Dollar General team tested at Carolina Motorsports Park (Kershaw, S.C.) with the former F1 and CART champion.
Villeneuve on testing at Carolina Motorsports Park:
"It was very good to have the opportunity to test for two days with the No. 32 Dollar General team at Carolina Motorsports Park. I was also able to spend some time with the team in the race shop before returning home. I feel this time together will lend us an advantage in the race at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve."
Villeneuve on racing in Montreal with Braun Racing:
"I am very happy to return to Montreal with Braun Racing. I had an excellent experience last year and greatly appreciate the trust they have in me to have me back. The team prepares great cars and I am confident and excited that the No. 32 will be very strong again this year."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #019 in this weekend's Napa Auto Parts 200 at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.
* #019 was last seen on track at Circuit Gilles Villeneuve (August, 2008) where Jacques Villeneuve qualified in the fifth position and was relegated to a 16th-place finish after being involved in an accident on the final lap of the rain-shortened race.