Notes of Interest: * Lamar heads to The Milwaukee Mile in the wake of an eighth-place finish at Kentucky Speedway, his best finish of 2009! * Lamar will celebrate his first Father's Day this Sunday. Daughter Ciel Taylor Lamar was born on March...
Notes of Interest:
* Lamar heads to The Milwaukee Mile in the wake of an eighth-place finish at Kentucky Speedway, his best finish of 2009!
* Lamar will celebrate his first Father's Day this Sunday. Daughter Ciel Taylor Lamar was born on March 4th in Nashville, Tenn. Ciel is the first child for the Nationwide Series driver.
* Lamar will sign autographs on Friday, outside of the track at Grandstand Avenue from 3:30 -- 4:30 p.m.
* Father's Day Pit Stop Challenge: New fathers, Burney Lamar and Michael McDowell, will face off on Saturday afternoon in a diaper changing challenge! Veteran father and Braun Racing teammate, Jason Leffler, will serve as the official time keeper for the "contest".
* The Milwaukee Mile Stats: Lamar has two previous starts at the 1.0-mile West Allis, Wisconsin track.
Burney on racing at The Milwaukee Mile this weekend:
"I'm really looking forward to racing this weekend at The Milwaukee Mile in one of these great Braun Racing Toyotas. I have a ton confidence in Trent and this No. 32 team. They have been putting together great cars all year and I know our set-up style will favor a track like Milwaukee. I can't wait to get the Dollar General Camry out on the track. We are riding the momentum of our first top-10 finish together and I think we will have a great race this weekend. One of the coolest things is that Milwaukee is one of the oldest tracks that we race at. There is a ton of history and it would be such an honor to win here."
Burney on track variety in the Nationwide Series:
"The NASCAR Nationwide Series has great track variety. We race on speedways, superspeedways, short tracks and road courses. It is a lot of fun to mix it up. This weekend we will be running on a flat track which requires a different style of driving. Braking and positioning comes into play when passing on a track like Milwaukee versus the momentum and aerodynamics that affect racing on a banked track."
The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #BR021 in this weekend's NorthernTool.com 250. Chassis #21 was last seen on track at Richmond International Raceway (May, 2009) where Lamar started 24th and finished 28th. #21 was also on track at Phoenix International Raceway (April, 2009) where Lamar started 16th and finished 13th.