* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his first career NASCAR start at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday afternoon. In 2008, Stenhouse led 11 laps and finished second in an ARCA race at MIS. * The Machine...The No. 6 Ford...
* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his first career NASCAR start at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday afternoon. In 2008, Stenhouse led 11 laps and finished second in an ARCA race at MIS.
* The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Mustang will be white this weekend. CitiFinancial is the primary sponsor for 24 races in 2010 for Stenhouse. The team will use chassis #RK-515 in the CARFAX 250.
* Now Appearing...Stenhouse will be signing autographs at Roush Industries Museum - 11781 Market St., Livonia, MI 48150 on Thursday, August 12, 2010 from 5:00 p.m - 7:00 p.m. EDT. Ricky will also appear on behalf of Ford on Saturday, August 14, 2010 from 11:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m. EDT at the Ford Display area at Michigan International Speedway.
* Locked In...The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing team is 25th in owner points and for the sixth consecutive week is guaranteed a spot in the CARFAX 250 at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday afternoon.
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"I can't wait to get back into the No. 6 car this weekend. It's the new Ford Mustang and it'll be fast for sure. I have experience at Michigan and feel like we should be able to hit the ground running. We have extra practice because of the new car so we will have plenty of time to get it dialed in. Michigan has several grooves so I should not have a problem finding a fast line around there. Jack (Roush) has a lot of success in Michigan and it is close to his home, so that is even more of an incentive to be fast and run up front. The CitiFinancial guys have worked hard all year and it is time to put the No. 6 back up front where it belongs."
Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"I can't say enough about how hard this CitiFinancial team has worked lately. Having to go to Michigan early this week is an added work load on the guys because it's the new car. As a company, we've worked hard on the new Mustang and we expect to be fast this weekend. Over the last six or seven races, Ricky has shown he can run near the front consistently and this team is behind him 100 percent. I am looking forward to the next month or so because I think good things are on the horizon."