* Vickers has been knocking on the door for a win at Michigan International Speedway (MIS): In four starts, Vickers boasts one top-five and two top-10 finishes, he has started in the top-three twice and has led 36 laps. His best start at MIS is ...
* Vickers has been knocking on the door for a win at Michigan International Speedway (MIS): In four starts, Vickers boasts one top-five and two top-10 finishes, he has started in the top-three twice and has led 36 laps. His best start at MIS is second (August, 2007) and his best finish is also second (August, 2008).
* Vickers is one of eight drivers entered in the CARFAX 250 that have led laps in a Nationwide Series race at MIS. Only 16 drivers have led laps in the last four events at MIS. For number of laps led, Vickers is tied for sixth with 36.
* Loop Data...Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories: Average running position (7th), Driver Rating (8th), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (9th), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run (7th), Fastest Laps Run (2nd), Fastest on Restarts (4th), Green Flag Passes (10th), Fastest Green Flag Speed (9th), Laps in Top-15 (6th), Laps Led (Tied for 6th) and Speed in Traffic (4th).
* Dollar General BIG STAGE Sweepstakes is underway! Enter for your chance to win a VIP trip to Nashville, backstage passes with Trace Adkins at the Grand Ole Opry AND $50,000!! Over 1800 additional prizes will be awarded. Contest is from June 28 -- October 1, 2009. To enter, simply shop at Dollar General and buy participating brands, then enter the special code on your receipt at dollargeneral.com.
Vickers on racing at Michigan International Speedway:
"I really enjoy the racing at Michigan International Speedway. It's a track where you can run anywhere which makes for great racing. I particularly like the high-side of the track. The Dollar General team has done a great job this season with these Camrys, especially at intermediate tracks like Michigan. We started third and finished second here last year. I think we have a good chance of putting the Dollar General Toyota in victory lane this weekend. I know everyone on the No. 32 team is chomping at the bit to seal the deal on a win."
Crew Chief, Trent Owens, on racing at MIS:
"We had a really good run at MIS last year with Vickers. There is no doubt that Vickers knows how to get around this track. He has two poles in his Cup car and has never finished outside of the top-10 here in a Braun Racing entry. The Dollar General team is definitely ready to get back victory lane and, with a driver like Vickers behind the wheel, we have a good shot at it this weekend."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #037 in this weekend's CARFAX 250 at MIS. * #037 was last seen on track at Lowe's Motor Speedway (May, 2009) as the No. 10 Dollar General Toyota. #037 has been completely rebuilt and is ready to rocket around the two-mile Brooklyn, Michigan speedway.