* This Week's Verizon Dodge... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-027 in Saturday's New England 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the same Verizon Dodge that the No. 12 team raced at Phoenix International Raceway in ...
* This Week's Verizon Dodge... Justin Allgaier will pilot Penske Racing chassis PRS-027 in Saturday's New England 200 at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. This is the same Verizon Dodge that the No. 12 team raced at Phoenix International Raceway in April, where the 2009 Nationwide Series Rookie of the Year started seventh and finished 13th.
* Get to the Points ... Allgaier is currently ranked third in the championship point standings, 415 markers behind leader and Penske Racing teammate Brad Keselowski, and 178 behind second-place point-man Carl Edwards.
* Best in Class... Allgaier's third-place position in the point standings is best among full-time, Nationwide Series-only drivers. Allgaier leads fellow Nationwide-only driver Brendan Gaughan, currently ranked seventh, by 366 points.
* Homecoming... Car chief Tom Clavette is the only New England native on the Verizon team. Clavette grew up in Methuen, Mass., roughly 48 miles south of the Loudon area.
* Meet the Driver ... Fans can meet Allgaier on Friday, June 25 from 12:30 -- 1:00 p.m. EDT at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer, located in the midway at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Later that evening, he will head to the Verizon Wireless store located at 1122 Route 106 N in Loudon, N.H. where he will sign for fans from 6 -- 7 p.m.
Justin Allgaier on New Hampshire Motor Speedway
"New Hampshire is a great race track. The fans up there are very passionate about racing. It's a flat mile with some very distinct grooves that you typically wouldn't run at other tracks. It's a very interesting place, and it's going to be a lot of fun."
Crew chief Chad Walter on New Hampshire Motor Speedway
"New Hampshire Motor Speedway is one of my personal favorites. The facility, staff and fans are really passionate for this sport, and it shows in the way they welcome us. It's a very challenging track, but one that produces very good racing. It's without a doubt one of my favorite races of the year."
-source: penske racing