* Brian Vickers and the No. 32 Dollar General team started from the pole position in the 2008 Sam's Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS). * This weekend marks Vickers' fourth Nationwide Series (NNS) start at LVMS. In his...
* Brian Vickers and the No. 32 Dollar General team started from the pole position in the 2008 Sam's Town 300 at Las Vegas Motor Speedway (LVMS).
* This weekend marks Vickers' fourth Nationwide Series (NNS) start at LVMS. In his previous three starts, he has two top-20 finishes (2002 and 2003). In 2008 Vickers started on the pole, led laps and remained in the top-five until a blown tire on lap 61 ended the day early and with a 36th place finish.
* This will be Vickers last appearance behind the wheel of the No. 32 until the NNS heads to Talladega (April 2009). Burney Lamar will hop in the driver's seat starting at Bristol Motor Speedway (March 2009).
* You may or may not see Burney Lamar around LVMS...Wife, Niki, is due next week but who knows when Baby Lamar plans to make her appearance.
Vickers On Returning to Las Vegas Motor Speedway
"Last year we just had rotten luck. We qualified on the pole and had a fast car during the race. Unfortunately, we fell victim to a blown tire that sent me into the outside wall. The impact caused too much damage to the Dollar General Toyota to return to the race. I like this track a lot and am anxious to get back there to finish what we started. We tested there last year and ran well, so I feel like we have a big advantage coming back with those notes and the same group of guys. We gave Dollar General their first pole position here in 2008, now it's time to give them their first win of the season."
The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #BR024 in this weekend's Sam's Town 300.
Chassis #24 was last seen at Texas Motor Speedway (November 2008). It did not place outside of the top-15 in 2008: Michigan (August 2008) - Finished 2nd, California (Sept. 2008) - finished 3rd and Texas (November 2008) - finished 14th.
Off Track -- Vickers
Vickers opted to stay out west this week following the weekend at Auto Club Speedway. BV passed the time checking out Fox's Hell's Kitchen and sky diving with the Red Bull Air Force in California. Then it is off to Vegas where he plans to rock some of the Night Life and enjoy GREAT food!