* This week's No. 99 Toyota at Kentucky Speedway ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 054 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at Kentucky Speedway. This is a brand new chassis that has only seen...
* This week's No. 99 Toyota at Kentucky Speedway ... Trevor Bayne will pilot Chassis No. 054 from the Michael Waltrip Racing NASCAR Nationwide Series stable this weekend at Kentucky Speedway. This is a brand new chassis that has only seen action in the wind tunnel.
* Nashville Rewind ... In only his second NNS start, Bayne started from the outside of row one and ran in the top 12 for the first 123 laps. Unfortunately, the competitive run for the 18-year-old was dashed when he was collected in an incident on lap 124 and left with a 28th-place finish.
* Nationwide Stats ... In two NNS starts, the Knoxville, Tenn., native has a 14th-place starting average coupled with a 25.5 finishing average. He has completed 425 of the 525 total laps run this season.
* Testing, Testing, Testing ... Bayne tested at Rockingham on Tuesday with the No. 11 Nationwide team to help him get prepared for some of the upcoming short track events.
* After 13 ... Over the season's first 13 races, the No. 99 team has notched two top-10 and five top-15 finishes. The MWR team sits 20th in the owners' point standings. They are one point out of 19th and only 178 points out of the top 15.
Now that you have your first weekend under your belt with the No. 99 team how do you think that will help you this weekend?
"Nashville was my first weekend with the No. 99 guys so we had a lot to learn about each other. We spent most of the practices just trying to learn what each other wanted. I think this weekend in Kentucky we will be able to dial the car in a lot quicker and will just have to work on minor adjustments to make us faster."
After working with Trevor last weekend at Nashville what are your thoughts?
"Trevor is a very talented young man. He was running really well last weekend until he got caught up in a wreck. The guys on the team have really enjoyed having him around. He comes to the shop every day and helps work on the car. Matter of fact, he was at the shop first thing Monday morning helping the guys cut the body off the car from Nashville. I am very excited to work with someone with so much enthusiasm."