Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Lagasse Jr. currently sits 12th in the driver point standings; advancing one position after Nashville. He is 81 points out of the 10th place position * The America's Incredible Pizza Company team ...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Lagasse Jr. currently sits 12th in the driver point standings; advancing one position after Nashville. He is 81 points out of the 10th place position
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company team overcame an early race penalty at Nashville last weekend to finish out the evening in the 11th position
* Lagasse Jr. is no stranger to Kentucky Speedway and has even visited victory lane. The up-and-coming driver won the ASA race there in 2004
* Lagasse Jr. has also made appearances at Kentucky Speedway in the ARCA Re/Max Series. He has a total of three starts with his highest finish of fourth happening in 2007
* This weekend will mark the first time the rookie of the year contender has competed at Kentucky Speedway in a NASCAR Nationwide Series car
* Lagasse Jr. will take part in a couple activities this Saturday, June 13th. From 3:00 - 3:30 pm he will be at the Nationwide display area behind the frontstretch answering questions for the fans. That appearance will be followed by his participation in the Blessings in Backpacks campaign. Lagasse Jr. will coach young children in a bicycle relay on pit road. National spokesperson Hilary Duff will be on hand also
CJM's Incredible Hero:
* Holly Brown's quick thinking and cool-headed reaction possibly saved a life during a random encounter along her bus route. Brown is a special needs bus driver for the Jefferson County Public School (JCPS) system in Louisville, KY. During a house fire, Brown rescued a woman, who coincidentally is the mother of another JCPS bus driver. She will be honored as this weekend's Incredible Hero at Kentucky Speedway.
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Kentucky: "I have very fond memories of Kentucky Speedway and am really excited to race there this weekend. I believe I won the ASA race in the smallest margin of victory ever at that track. I have a sort of comfort level heading into there and some track time so I'm feeling pretty good about things. Since our Nashville car was so strong we also decided to bring that car to Kentucky so hopefully we'll be able to get the America's Incredible Pizza Company Toyota right out front and stay there all night. Kentucky is a track known for its first time winners and I would like to be added to that list of drivers."