* Reed Sorenson returns to Kentucky Speedway after a four-year hiatus! This weekend marks Sorenson's first trip to Kentucky Speedway with the Dollar General team. He made his debut at the Sparta-based track in an ASA (American Speed Association)...
* Reed Sorenson returns to Kentucky Speedway after a four-year hiatus! This weekend marks Sorenson's first trip to Kentucky Speedway with the Dollar General team. He made his debut at the Sparta-based track in an ASA (American Speed Association) race in May, 2004. In June, 2005, he made his first NASCAR Nationwide Series start there and overcame a tight-handling race car to post his career best finish of fourth. He returned the following year to make his best start of third, but an accident on lap 60 ended his night prematurely.
* Bluegrass Natives: Suspension specialist and gas man, Rob "PORKCHOP" Tracy, was born and raised in Frankfort, while the Dollar General team's transporter driver, Patrick "TRUCKER" McGarey, hails from Prestonsberg, Kentucky.
* Chassis #054 is ready for action in Sparta, Kentucky! The Dollar General team heads to Kentucky with chassis #054. This chassis made its debut at Charlotte Motor Speedway in May (2010). Sorenson started from the 20th position and drove it to an eighth-place finish!
* The Dollar General team rolls into Kentucky FIFTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Sorenson on returning to Kentucky:
"I'm looking forward to going back to Kentucky Speedway. It's been a long time since I've raced there. With the exception of my last race in 2006, the track has been pretty good to me. I first raced at Kentucky back when I was in ASA. It is a wide and fast race track and you can run wherever you need to get the most out of the car. By now I expect that the track surface has gotten a little more seasoned, which usually makes the racing really good at these mile and a half tracks. We've had a good season so far, with our lowest finish being 12th in the Dollar General Toyota. We are still looking for that first win together and hopefully we can get that this weekend!"
-source: braun racing