* Joey Logano becomes the first driver to win multiple races at the Kentucky Speedway. Logano does so consecutively (2008 & 2009) with both wins coming from the pole * Joey Logano was the fastest car in both practice sessions on ...
* Joey Logano becomes the first driver to win multiple races at the Kentucky Speedway. Logano does so consecutively (2008 & 2009) with both wins coming from the pole
* Joey Logano was the fastest car in both practice sessions on Friday evening.
* By winning the pole award, Logano became the first driver to win consecutive poles at Kentucky Speedway.
* Logano led the race twice for a total of 20 laps.
* Logano suffered minor damage to his left front fender around the middle of the race, which had an effect on the overall handling of the car.
* On a lap 188 restart Logano was running second to Busch. He was able to get on the inside of Busch coming off of turn two on lap 190 and pulled away for a 1.624 second victory.
* Logano finished first in most of the loop data statistics, including average running position and driver rating.
Joey Logano Quotes
"This is so cool for the whole GameStop Toyota team. They did a great job and gave me an awesome car at a place that kind of suits me. We're two for two at Kentucky -- two poles and two wins. That's the perfect record here and hopefully we'll keep that going."
"The GameStop Toyota was good right off the truck, really, but we did make small adjustments during the race. Tire stuff, mainly. Sometimes you're really loose and it just kind of depends on what set of tires you put on it. I think we had one bad set of tires which kind of killed us the first pit stop. I think after that we just kind of saw what we had and got caught speeding on pit road. It was my fault, but to overcome that is huge. This is just awesome. I really wanted this one."
"I knew getting by Kyle (Busch) wasn't going to be easy, but I'm always hungry and I always want that win. During the red flag I was trying to visualize how I could get around him and I knew that if I was there I could wait on him to maybe make a mistake. Once I got there he just came up the back a little bit and I got a big run and got underneath him. I just had a great car and it was able to drive away. Once I got that clean air I knew I was going to be good. I said during the red flag, 'you know if we get clean air we're going to win this thing no problem.' It makes it more fun this way to come down to the wire like that with 10 laps to go, it makes it fun."