* Kentucky Speedway Stats: Lamar has two previous starts at the 1.5-mile Sparta, Kentucky track. His best finish was 19th in June, 2006. He has completed 62.8% of laps (251/400 laps) but unfortunately his June, 2008 race ended prematurely due to...
* Kentucky Speedway Stats: Lamar has two previous starts at the 1.5-mile Sparta, Kentucky track. His best finish was 19th in June, 2006. He has completed 62.8% of laps (251/400 laps) but unfortunately his June, 2008 race ended prematurely due to mechanical issues.
* Lamar will sign autographs at the Nationwide Insurance display on Saturday from 2:30 -- 3:00 p.m.
* Bluegrass Natives: Suspension specialist, Rob "PORKCHOP" Tracy, was born and raised in Frankfort; transporter driver, Patrick "TRUCKER" McGarey, hails from Prestonsberg; and jack man, Getty Cavitt, is from Owensboro, KY.
* This weekend marks Lamar's 58th start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. He has logged over 10,000 miles on tracks across the United States, Canada and Mexico since his first race in October, 2005.
Burney on Kentucky Speedway:
"Kentucky is a really cool track to race on. It's wide and fast and you can run wherever you need to for your car. I'm really looking forward to getting behind the wheel of the Dollar General Toyota there. The track surface is getting a little rougher each year and my crew chief, Trent Owens, has great experience with shock packages. So I know the No. 32 Camry will be well-prepared for the weekend. We're bringing the car we ran last weekend at Nashville. It's nice to get a second week in a row in the same car. It allows some consistency and we can pick right up in practice where we left off, which is always helpful and lends a slight advantage."
Burney on the fans at Kentucky Speedway:
"There are always a lot of fans that come out for the races at Kentucky Speedway. It is so great to see them out there having fun. We love our fans and if it weren't 'for their support, we wouldn't be racing each week! I would like to say a special thank you to them!"
The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #BR024 in this weekend's Meijer 300 presented by Ritz. Chassis #24 was just on track this past weekend at Nashville Superspeedway where Lamar started 22nd and finished 15th. #24 was also on track at Dover International Speedway (May, 2009) where Brian Vickers started seventh and finished fourth.
Braun Racing boasts some stellar KENTUCKY natives on the No. 32 Dollar General team! Suspension specialist, ROB "PORKCHOP" TRACY, was born and raised Frankfort, KY. Tracy got his start in racing working on late models and for a local ARCA team, H & H Racing. He moved to N.C. in November 2002 to continue to chase the motorsports dream! Transporter driver, PATRICK "TRUCKER" McGAREY, hails from Prestonsberg, KY. McGarey moved to N.C. after high school and attended Gilford College. He started working in racing in 2002 as a hauler driver and mechanic and has been doing it ever since! Jack man GETTY CAVITT is from Owensboro, KY. Cavitt is a graduate of Western Kentucky University (Bowling Green, KY) where he played football for the Hilltoppers and was a member of the 2002 National Championship football team!