AMBROSE EAGER FOR KANSAS FOLLOWING ANOTHER TOP-20 FINISH DOVER, Del. -- As soon as last Saturday's Camping World RV 200 was finished at the Dover International Speedway, Marcos Ambrose started thinking about next week's race at the Kansas ...
AMBROSE EAGER FOR KANSAS FOLLOWING ANOTHER TOP-20 FINISH
DOVER, Del. -- As soon as last Saturday's Camping World RV 200 was finished at the Dover International Speedway, Marcos Ambrose started thinking about next week's race at the Kansas Speedway.
A 16th-place finish was the 14th Top-20 effort for Ambrose and the No. 59 Kingsford Tailgate at Home Ford in the last 15 races. But Ambrose wasn't satisfied.
"You're only as good as your last race, so I can't wait to get to Kansas with a chance to create a better memory," Ambrose said. "We came out of Dover with a solid finish, but we feel like we're a consistent Top-10 team. You're not going to be on the top of your game every week. The good thing about this sport is we can go to Kansas and make everything all right again."
Ambrose started 13th. His JTG Daugherty Racing-prepared Ford Fusion was mired in traffic all afternoon on the one-mile track. He had to drive through and around three different accidents, including one on Lap 199 that created seven laps of overtime.
"It's a tough day when you can't get track position," crew chief Gary Cogswell said. "We worked on the car and made it better, but it's just so difficult to pass in traffic. We dodged a lot of bullets and brought our Kingsford car home in one piece. Now we'll head to Kansas. It's a good track for us. We can expect a lot better results."
Ambrose is 10th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series standings, 27 points from ninth place and only 60 from eighth place.
"Our goal all along was to finish in the Top 10," Ambrose said. "We're on track for that. We have six races left to get as high as we can in the standings. Hopefully at Kansas we can start that climb."
FAST & FUN FACTS:
- Ambrose is 10th in the NASCAR Nationwide Series standings with five Top-10 finishes -- and one victory -- in 29 starts for JTG Daugherty Racing.
- Ambrose has 14 Top 20 finishes in is last 15 Nationwide Series races.
- Kyle Busch won the Camping World RV 200, while Mike Bliss was second, Brad Keselowski was third, Scott Wimmer was fourth and Carl Edwards was fifth.
- JTG Daugherty Racing teammate Kelly Bires started on the outside pole, but blew a tire and finished 34th in The Animal Adoption League Ford.
- The Kansas Lottery 300 is next Saturday at the Kansas Speedway.