* Braun Racing acquired by Turner Motorsports... Last week, it was announced that Turner Motorsports acquired select assets of Braun Racing. The team will continue to operate as Braun Racing for the remainder of the 2010 season. Plans for Turner...
* Braun Racing acquired by Turner Motorsports... Last week, it was announced that Turner Motorsports acquired select assets of Braun Racing. The team will continue to operate as Braun Racing for the remainder of the 2010 season. Plans for Turner Motorsports in 2011 include fielding three entries in both the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) and the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS). The NNS driver lineup will be announced in October.
Terri Miller, Vice President of Marketing for Great Clips, Inc., had this to say about the acquisition by Turner Motorsports
"Over the years we have grown the Great Clips brand in partnership with a tremendous race team, Braun Racing. We are very excited as we once again see Braun Racing take our brand to the next level with Turner Motorsports."
* James Buescher to make his debut in the No. 11... NCWTS driver, James Buescher, will pilot the No. 11 Great Clips Camry this weekend at Kansas Speedway and next weekend at Auto Club Speedway. The 20-year-old Plano-Texas-native made six starts for Braun Racing in 2008, accumulating one top-10 finish and one pole award. He is currently 13th in the NCWTS championship points standings with six top-five and eight top-10 finishes after competing in 17 of 20 events this season.
* By the numbers: Kansas Speedway... Buescher has never made a NNS start at Kansas Speedway, but he has two NCWTS starts at the 1.5-mile tri-oval. He has two top-20 finishes and one top-15 (12th, 16th). His average start is 9.5 and average finish is 14.0. He has completed 99.7% of his laps at the Kansas City, KS-based track.
* Truck Series momentum....Buescher is coming into Kansas after two of his best finishes to date in the NCWTS. Last weekend at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, he finished third after qualifying second and leading for 17 laps. Two weeks ago at New Hampshire International Speedway, he finished in the runner-up position after leading eight laps and battling hard in the closing laps with veteran driver, Kyle Busch. Buescher hopes this momentum will help him bring home a solid finish in the No. 11 Great Clips Camry this weekend at Kansas Speedway.
Buescher on working with Braun Racing again
"First off, I can't tell you how excited I am about the recent acquisition of Braun Racing by Turner Motorsports. I'm very happy to be working with the Braun Racing guys again. I had some great races in 2008 with them and I even got my first Nationwide Series pole with them at Memphis Motorsports Park. I know how hard all the guys work and that the equipment is super competitive. I am excited to get back in one of their cars and to represent Great Clips this weekend at Kansas."