* Vickers hungry for a trip to victory lane at Kansas Speedway! His last time behind the wheel of the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota was four weeks ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Although he has one top-10 finish at the 1.5-mile speedway, his ...
* Vickers hungry for a trip to victory lane at Kansas Speedway! His last time behind the wheel of the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota was four weeks ago at Atlanta Motor Speedway. Although he has one top-10 finish at the 1.5-mile speedway, his impressive performance this season on the 1.5-mile tracks makes him a strong contender for the win this weekend!
* Vickers is one of seven drivers entered in the Kansas Lottery 300 that have led laps in a NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) race at Kansas Speedway in the last four races. Only 17 drivers have led at least one of the 800 laps from 2005-2008. Vickers ranks eighth with 31 laps.
* Vickers has made three previous NNS starts at Kansas Speedway, each with a different team. He has one top-10 finish. His best start at Kansas Speedway is 10th (September, 2007) and his best finish is ninth (September, 2007).
* Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Average running position (3rd), Driver Rating (3rd), Fastest Drivers Early in a Run (6th), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run (10th), Fastest on Restarts (7th), Fastest Green Flag Speed (4th), Laps Led (8th), Quality Passes (3rd) and Speed in Traffic (1st).
Vickers on racing at Kansas Speedway:
"I'm excited to be back at Kansas Speedway. It's a track where you can run anywhere, which makes for great racing. With the multiple grooves, you can search to find the best place for your car on the track. The three-wide racing is exciting for the fans and for the drivers. The Dollar General team has done a great job this season with these Toyotas, especially at intermediate tracks like Kansas. We have a pole position and our best finish of second at MIS, which is a very similar track. I think we have a good chance of putting the Dollar General Toyota in victory lane this weekend and I want so badly to get a win for Trent and the team."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #040 in this weekend's Kansas Lottery 300 at Kansas Speedway.
* #040 was last seen on track at Atlanta Motor Speedway (September, 2009) where Vickers qualified 16th and finished 13th.
* This is the same chassis that Vickers drove at Chicagoland Speedway (July, 2009) where he qualified second, narrowly missing the pole position by only 0.003 seconds! He finished in the third position.