* Tayler Malsam and Iron Horse Jeans are back in Iowa... Malsam will jump back behind the wheel of the No. 10 Iron Horse Jeans Toyota at Iowa Speedway this weekend. Malsam last drove the No. 10 to an 18th place finish at Gateway International ...
* Tayler Malsam and Iron Horse Jeans are back in Iowa... Malsam will jump back behind the wheel of the No. 10 Iron Horse Jeans Toyota at Iowa Speedway this weekend. Malsam last drove the No. 10 to an 18th place finish at Gateway International Raceway after qualifying in the 20th position. In six NNS starts, Malsam has four top-20 finishes, with his best finish of 11th place coming in his first career NNS start at Nashville Superspeedway.
* Iowa Speedway has been Good to Malsam... In two appearances at the .875-mile oval Malsam has two 10th place finishes in two different series. Malsam finished in the 10th position when he visited the track in 2008 with the ARCA Racing Series, and again in 2009 when he was at Iowa with the Camping World Truck Series. Malsam lists the track among his favorites that he will visit with the NASCAR Nationwide Series this season.
* Return to the Site of a Season's Best Finish... Last year's inaugural NNS event at Iowa Speedway marked the season's best finish for the No. 10 team and Crew Chief Stewart Cooper. With driver Kelly Bires behind the wheel, the No. 10 came home in the fifth position in the premier US Cellular 250. The team hopes to add another top-five to their credit when they return to Iowa this weekend.
* Did you know? Malsam Spent Last Week at an Arabian Horse Show... While he was away from NNS action this week, Malsam spent some time with sponsor, Iron Horse Jeans, at the Arabian Youth Nationals horse show in Albuquerque, NM. This was the first horse show Malsam had ever attended, and though the action was a little bit slower than your average NASCAR Nationwide Series race it did not disappoint the 21-year-old. Iron Horse Jeans is the official jeans sponsor of the Arabian Horse Association Youth Nationals.
Malsam on Iowa Speedway
"I'm really excited to get back into the seat of the No. 10 Iron Horse Jeans Toyota this weekend at Iowa. I've seen some success here the first two times I have visited the track, and I hope that it will be no different in the Nationwide car," said Malsam. "Rusty [Wallace] built the track to his specifications, so it is definitely a racers track and I think most of us enjoy racing here. I've been to the track twice, in ARCA and with the trucks, which is more than some of the veterans. I hope that my experience here will give me a leg-up on the competition, and help us bring home another solid finish for the No. 10 Iron Horse Jeans team!"
The No. 10 Iron Horse Jeans team will hit the track with chassis #BR038 this weekend in Iowa. BR38 last saw track action in Nashville where, Malsam, drove it to an impressive 11th place finish in his Nationwide Series debut after starting in the 25th position.
-source: braun racing