* Reed Sorenson to race at Iowa Speedway for the first time! There's a statement you won't hear often. Back when Sorenson dominated the Nationwide Series (circa 2005), Iowa Speedway was not only absent from the schedule, construction was not even...
* Reed Sorenson to race at Iowa Speedway for the first time! There's a statement you won't hear often. Back when Sorenson dominated the Nationwide Series (circa 2005), Iowa Speedway was not only absent from the schedule, construction was not even complete!
* It's a very busy Double Duty weekend for Sorenson: This weekend he will travel between Pocono Raceway and Iowa Speedway. He will complete two round-trip adventures by plane. The race tracks are 986.37 miles apart, making Sorenson's approximate travel a grand total of 3945.48 miles. He will spend roughly eight hours in the air, and that's just between the two tracks!
* Chassis #045 heads to Iowa! This weekend, the Dollar General team heads to Newton, IA with chassis #45. This chassis was last seen on track at Nashville Superspeedway in June, 2010, where Sorenson finished seventh. The car made its debut in the previous visit to Nashville (April, 2010) where he drove it to a second-place finish!
* The Dollar General team is FIFTH in the Nationwide Series Championship Owner's Points.
Sorenson on Iowa Speedway
"I've never raced at Iowa Speedway, but from what I've heard, I should like it a lot. I've been told that it is a lot of fun, a fast, short-track that should make for great racing. I think the fans are going to get quite a show on Saturday night. I think we'll be able to get the Dollar General Toyota dialed in pretty quick. They had a solid car there last year so hopefully we'll unload strong."
-source: braun racing