* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-035 during Saturday's 250-lap race at Iowa Speedway. This is a brand-new chassis for the No. 22 team. * The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Discount Tire Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-035 during Saturday's 250-lap race at Iowa Speedway. This is a brand-new chassis for the No. 22 team.
* The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 20 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 205 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
* Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in last Saturday's race at O'Reilly Raceway Park, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 87th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
* Series Leader... Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (14), top-10 finishes (17) and laps completed. He has completed all but one of the 3,705 laps contested this season and has led the field for 766 of those circuits.
* Inaugural Winner... After starting from the pole for the 2009 inaugural Nationwide Series race at Iowa Speedway, Keselowski led 121 laps en route to his fourth series victory. Keselowski considers this inaugural win to be one of the highlights of his racing career.
* Short Track Stats... In 24 career short track starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated four wins, 10 top-five finishes and 14 top-10 finishes. He has led the field for a total of 554 laps in those events.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Iowa Speedway
"Iowa is a great facility and this race is one that I really look forward to. For one, the layout is almost perfect for stock car racing. They also get tremendous fan support there. As a driver you love to walk out for driver introductions and see full grandstands. It's validation that people enjoy what we do. I was fortunate to win the first Nationwide Series race at Iowa. No matter what I do as a driver from now on, that win at Iowa will always be one of my favorites. Now the goal is to become the first back-to-back winner in the history of Iowa Speedway."
Brad Keselowski on winning the inaugural race at Iowa Speedway in 2009
"From the moment it was announced that the Nationwide Series would race at Iowa, I circled that date on the schedule. It became a really important race for me. There was going to be only one inaugural winner of that race and I wanted to be that driver. It came down to Kyle (Busch) and I at the end and I believe we put on a good show for the fans over the final laps of the race. I only display a few of my trophies in my house and that Iowa trophy is one of them. Although this weekend will be busier than last year with the travel back and forth to Pocono, I feel like my No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger team can give me a car that I can drive to Victory Lane again."
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on preparing a car for Iowa Speedway
"Iowa is very similar to Richmond in layout, but it's just a little bigger. Unfortunately, the car we used to win at Richmond in May is not in very good shape at the moment so we're bringing a new piece out for this weekend's race. Brad is very good on these types of tracks. They fit his driving style very well. It's a multi-groove racetrack where you can really attack the corners. The key is maintaining good forward bite off of the corners. If we can do that I'm confident that Brad can win another race at Iowa."
-source: penske racing