JASON KELLER 2009 * Currently ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings * Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12 * Ninth-place finish in the Camping World 300 at Daytona in...
JASON KELLER 2009
* Currently ninth in the NASCAR Nationwide Series point standings
* Eclipsed the 100,000 mile mark in his career in the NASCAR Nationwide Series on June 12
* Ninth-place finish in the Camping World 300 at Daytona in February was the highest of non NASCAR Sprint Cup Series drivers
* Has surpassed his 2008 season total with five top-10 finishes
JASON KELLER at ORP
* Driving for family-owned Kel Racing in the 1995 Kroger 200 led 51 laps and went on to pick up his first career NNS win
* Led 130 laps and went on to win the 1999 Kroger 200 making ORP the only track where he has multiple victories
* NNS Career leader at ORP in races (15), top 5s (7) top 10s (9), laps (2993), miles (2053.19) and lead-lap finishes (13)
* Has completed 2993 of a possible 3004 laps in his 15 career starts at ORP
* Average finish of 9.9 at ORP is highest at any active track (Nazareth 7.6)
* Started 28th and finished 24th in the 2008 Kroger 200
JASON KELLER ON ORP
"I won my first career Nationwide Series race at ORP in 1995 running for my family owned team and won for a second time in 1999. ORP is a real special place for me! It is a tough place to race and it's hard to pass, so you have to put the slide job on people to get by. The track is a great place to watch a race and I'll definitely be in the stands for the trucks on Friday night!"
"I'm really proud to have the kids from Riley Hospital for Children featured on our race car. I'm looking forward to spending some time with the kids and their families during the 'Brickyard Party' at the hospital Friday."
TODD GORDON ON ORP
"ORP is a great short-track racing facility. Aero isn't a huge concern it is more about handling and being able to drive your car off the center of the corner. It's a lot of fun to go there with a driver that really knows how to tune a race car and Jason has been very successful at ORP because of that. We are bringing car 81 which we ran at Richmond earlier this year and had a top-10 finish with."
KELLER TO VISIT RILEY HOSPITAL FOR CHILDREN
Riley Hospital for Children will host a "Brickyard Party" for patients and families on Friday, July 24 from 2-3 pm. Keller will be in attendance to visit with the patients, some of whom will be featured on his race car.
A change from the traditional blue and white paint scheme, the race car will be adorned with numerous multi-colored handprints and the names of the 34 patients and their families. The hood of the race car will don the Kroger logo along with the slogan "Making a difference, HAND in HAND."