Notes of Interest: * Reutimann makes debut in No. 32 Dollar General Toyota! Although he is no stranger to the Braun Racing organization, this weekend marks David Reutimann's first of five starts in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. Reutimann...
Notes of Interest:
* Reutimann makes debut in No. 32 Dollar General Toyota! Although he is no stranger to the Braun Racing organization, this weekend marks David Reutimann's first of five starts in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota. Reutimann joins Brian Vickers, Reed Sorenson, Jacques Villeneuve and Brian Ickler to round out the talented cast of drivers in the No. 32 Camry.
* Double Duty Driving: Reutimann is amongst those drivers making the 6.59-mile dash between O'Reilly Raceway Park (ORP) and Indianapolis Motor Speedway for this weekend's NASCAR events. On hand to practice the No. 32 Camry and stand by as a back-up driver will be Brian Ickler. Ickler will drive the Dollar General Toyota next weekend at Iowa Speedway and at Memphis Motorsports Park in October.
* ORP Stats: Reutimann has three consecutive Nationwide Series starts at ORP. His best start at the 0.686-mile Indianapolis track was sixth in July, 2007. His best finish of third was also in the 2007 event.
* Dollar General BIG STAGE Sweepstakes is underway! Enter for your chance to win a VIP trip to Nashville, backstage passes with Trace Adkins at the Grand Ole Opry AND $50,000!! Over 1800 additional prizes will be awarded. Contest is from June 28 -- October 1, 2009. To enter, simply shop at Dollar General and buy participating products, then enter the special code on your receipt at www.dollargeneral.com. You can also enter with no purchase necessary. Visit www.dollargeneral.com for information.
Reutimann on racing at ORP:
"I am excited to be racing at ORP in Braun Racing's Dollar General Toyota. This is the first of five races that I will be running with the No. 32 team. They have been incredibly strong this year, putting some great cars on the track with talented drivers. I'm looking forward to working with Trent (Owens, crew chief of the No. 32) and the Dollar General team. Indy has not been the best track for me in the past. I did run well here in 2007 when I had someone else practice and qualify the car. Brian Ickler will be helping us out this weekend with practice so hopefully we will have a very positive race. I would love nothing more than to conquer this track with a win and put Dollar General in victory lane."
* The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #028 in this weekend's Kroger 200 at ORP. * This is the same chassis that the No. 32 team ran last weekend at Gateway International Raceway with Reed Sorenson. He and the No. 88 tied for the pole position; however, the No. 32 started second due to being lower in owner's points. Sorenson brought home a second-place finish for the night.