Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Lagasse Jr. and the America's Incredible Pizza Company race team crossed the finish line in the 14th position last weekend at Phoenix but were credited with 20th due to a late race penalty * Lagasse Jr. will be...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Lagasse Jr. and the America's Incredible Pizza Company race team crossed the finish line in the 14th position last weekend at Phoenix but were credited with 20th due to a late race penalty
* Lagasse Jr. will be making his first appearance at Homestead-Miami Speedway. The No. 11 America's Incredible Pizza Company Chevrolet will carry rookie stripes
* Lagasse Jr. will welcome some very important guests this weekend. Two passes were raffled off to help support the Children's Miracle Network
* Lagasse Jr. will be competing for Rookie of the Year honor next season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* This season marks the first time CJM Racing has competed on a full-time basis in the NASCAR ranks. They are currently 17th in the owner points with one race remaining
* Interim crew chief Mike Sibley will once again lend a hand to CJM racing this weekend. Sibley is a Camping World East crew chief from Joe Gibbs Racing that has worked with rookies Joey Logano and Marc Davis. Logano and Sibley won the championship together in 2007
* Crew chief Paul Wolfe will join CJM Racing at the end of the year and will be calling the shots atop the pit box for Lagasse Jr. in 2009
* CJM Racing will be making their 50th career start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series this weekend
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company race team visited Homestead-Miami Speedway last year where they started 21st and finished 28th
* The team is running chassis #08 at Homestead. This chassis has run at California twice (14th, 14th), Nashville twice (18th, 15th), Darlington (7th) and Lowes in the spring (17th)
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on the Year Coming to a Close:
"My year just started so it's a little disappointing that it's over already but I know we have next year to start working on. There's a lot to be done for next season with the switch to Toyotas. The guys will have their hands full and then before you know we'll be at Daytona testing."
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Racing at Homestead:
"This will be the first time I've ever competed at Homestead-Miami Speedway. I'm really looking forward to it. I've watched some exciting races there in the past and to actually be able to get out there and race with these guys is a great feeling. I'll concentrate with familiarizing myself with the track during the first session as well as watch the other series' out there to see what grooves work best."