* Reed Sorenson returns to Homestead-Miami Speedway with the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) for the first time since 2006! In his three previous starts at the 1.5-mile speedway, he has one top-five finish. Both his best start of seventh and his...
* Reed Sorenson returns to Homestead-Miami Speedway with the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) for the first time since 2006! In his three previous starts at the 1.5-mile speedway, he has one top-five finish. Both his best start of seventh and his best finish of fourth came in his NNS debut at the track on November 20, 2004 -- six years ago from this Saturday's date!
* Sorenson and Turner Motorsports teammate, Jason Leffler, to participate in the NASCAR Championship Drive! Sorenson and Leffler will participate in driver Q&A and sign autographs for fans on Thursday, November 18 from 12:30-2:00 p.m. ET. The two-day fan festival will take place in Miami's South Beach. Included in the festivities will be a grand-arrival parade of NASCAR race team "haulers" convoying on Miami Beach to kick off the free two-day fan fest and concert. The award-winning Zac Brown Band will perform on Miami Beach at Lummus Park (between 7th and 9th streets) at 7:00 p.m.
* Chassis #45 heads to the Sunshine State! The Dollar General team will unload chassis #045 this weekend at Homestead. This chassis was last raced at Iowa Speedway in July, where Sorenson fell victim to a blown right front tire that ended the Dollar General team's day early. The car previously saw track time this season at Nashville Superspeedway in June, 2010, where he finished seventh. The car made its debut in the previous visit to Nashville (April, 2010) where he drove it to a second-place finish! Sorenson has been the only driver to pilot chassis #45.
* The No. 32 Dollar General team is currently SIXTH in the NNS owner's point standings while driver, Reed Sorenson, sits 12th in the driver championship point standings with only 27 starts!
Sorenson on racing at Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"Homestead is a lot of fun to race at. Honestly though, heading into this weekend I'm already thinking about Daytona and the 2011 season. Everyone at Turner Motorsports has set their goals high and we are already starting to work towards them -- building a fleet of the series' 'new cars.' When we hit the track in 2011, we will all be ready for a great year and I am personally looking forward to battling for the driver championship."
Sorenson on heading to Homestead with the Dollar General team for the first time:
"This will be my first time at Homestead with the Dollar General team. We've been a competitive team this year, getting consistent top-five and top-10 finishes. We just keep missing that win. I think we are really clicking as a team. We have good momentum going into Homestead with five consecutive top-10's behind us. I think this weekend we'll have another solid performance and hopefully, end the year with a win!"
-source: braun racing