* Justin Allgaier will be making his fourth start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Penske Racing. (2008 finishes: Lowes 34th, Texas 21st, Phoenix 11th) * Allgaier competed in the No. 12 Penske...
* Justin Allgaier will be making his fourth start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge Charger for Penske Racing. (2008 finishes: Lowes 34th, Texas 21st, Phoenix 11th)
* Allgaier competed in the No. 12 Penske Truck Rental Dodge at Phoenix International Raceway Saturday, November 8th, posting an 11th-place finish in his first start on the one-mile track.
* Allgaier has one previous attempt to qualify (2005) at Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series. This will be Allgaier's first start on the 1.5-mile oval Homestead-Miami Speedway in the NASCAR Nationwide Series.
* Just two days after Allgaier's first start in the NNS for Penske Racing he won his sixth ARCA race of the year, claiming the 2008 ARCA RE/MAX Series Championship.
* Allgaier has won on every type of ARCA track - speedway, superspeedway, short track, road course and dirt track.
* On September 17, Penske Racing announced the signing of 22-year old Allgaier to drive in the NASCAR Nationwide Series. Allgaier will drive a limited Nationwide Series schedule in 2008 and 2009.
Justin Allgaier on: Homestead-Miami Speedway:
"It's been a few years since I've raced at Homestead. I'm really looking forward to heading back this weekend in the Penske Truck Rental Dodge.
"The big thing about Homestead is that the corner entry seems fairly wide and the exit of the corner tightens. If you add the corner banking to the straightaway banking it really makes the track unique. Homestead is its own unique 1.5-mile track that is challenging to the crews setting up the cars and the drivers, but the track always puts on a great show for the fans."
Crew Chief Matt Gimbel on Homestead-Miami Speedway:
""We had a good run at Phoenix last week with an 11th-place finish. It certainly gives Justin confidence and gives us momentum to carry into Homestead. While our Texas finish wasn't as good as we wanted, we learned quite a few things about Justin's driving style.
"Our group has been working hard to give Justin the balance he needs on 1.5-mile tracks and hopefully that will pay off this week at Homestead. A good middle corner to exit balance is essential at Homestead, to carry speed on the straights in the Nationwide cars."
PBC-018: This weekend's Dodge Charger was the primary car at Texas Motor Speedway April 5, 2008 driven by Sam Hornish Jr. (Started 43rd, Finished 19th).
PBC-017: This weekend's backup chassis was last raced by Allgaier at Texas Motor Speedway November 1, 2008 (Started 13th, Finished 21st).