JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS: * This will be the team's first visit to California Speedway since entering into the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) * CJM Racing is still searching for a full-time sponsorship partner this season and...
JASON KELLER/ CJM RACING TEAM FAST FACTS:
* This will be the team's first visit to California Speedway since entering into the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS)
* CJM Racing is still searching for a full-time sponsorship partner this season and will be running an all white race car at California
* The team hopes to bounce back from a poor showing in last weekend's Camping World 300. Keller got tangled up in a late race accident; relinquishing the team to a 36th place finish
* Keller has 13 starts at California Speedway and has completed 1940 out of 1950 laps at the two-mile oval; 99.5%
* Average starting position is 19th and the average finishing position is 15th
* Keller along with the other NNS drivers will take part in the Race 55 promotion this weekend. 43 fans are paired up with a qualifying driver for the Stater Bros. 300. If Jason wins the race, he and the fan each win $55,000. Jason's portion would be given to the charity of his choice
* CJM Racing will be running chassis #08 at California; #08 is a brand new chassis
KELLER'S THOUGHTS ON DAYTONA:
"It really felt great to get back to the track and start racing again. The excitement and anticipation were a little overwhelming at times but once we officially made the field I could enjoy what was going on around me a little more. I'm just sorry that we got tangled up in that mess at the end. With the sponsorship search continuing you want to have strong finishes and receive exposure that way, not by tearing up a race car."
THOUGHTS ON HEADING OUT WEST TO CALIFORNIA SPEEDWAY:
"Once again the pressure is on to perform heading out to California. We need to have a strong run and start gaining some points positions. The guys built a brand new race car so we'll take some time in practice to tweak it and get it ready for qualifying and race conditions.
Overall I like racing at California Speedway. The track is very wide in the corners and there are plenty of different racing grooves. If your car isn't handling in one position, you can search around and find somewhere that it does."