* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team will race chassis PRS-007 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event. PRS-007 has run a handful of races in 2009, including the race at Bristol Motor Speedway in late August.
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team will race chassis PRS-007 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event. PRS-007 has run a handful of races in 2009, including the race at Bristol Motor Speedway in late August. PRS-007 led two laps at the concrete half-mile speedway before it got caught up in an incident coming out of turn 2.
* Come and See Me... Driver Justin Allgaier will sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Friday, October 9 at 4:30 p.m. PT. The trailer is located on souvenir row along the frontstretch at Auto Club Speedway.
* Stop By... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store in Fontana, Calif. on Friday, October 9 from 6-7 p.m. ET. The Rookie-of-the-Year contender will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The Verizon Wireless store is located at 16695 Sierra Lakes Parkway in Fontana, Calif.
* Fan Fest... On Thursday, October 8, Allgaier and his Penske Racing teammate, David Stremme, will be at the Stater Bros. Racefest at Auto Club Speedway. The duo will sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer from 6:15 to 7:45 p.m. PT. The souvenir trailer is located behind the frontstretch grandstand at the two-mile speedway.
* Regional Visit... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless regional office in Irvine, Calif. on Wednesday, October 7. This will mark the 23-year-old driver's fourth visit to a Verizon Wireless regional office during the 2009 season.
* ROY Watch... With six races remaining on the 2009 schedule, Allgaier remains the leader in the Nationwide Series Rookie-Of-The-Year battle. The Riverton, Ill. native is currently 22 points ahead of Brendan Gaughan in the rookie standings after 29 of 35 events.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Auto Club Speedway
"I am really excited to go back to Auto Club Speedway. Last spring, in my first speedway race of the season, I was still working to get to know [crew chief] Chad [Walter] and the Verizon Wireless crew. We felt like we had immediate success at the two-mile oval, turning in a top-15 finish. This weekend, pit strategy is going to be extremely important as well as a good-handling race car. Hopefully we can keep the momentum from our finish at Kansas Speedway going through the end of the season. Auto Club Speedway is a valuable track to gain points, not only for our top-five bid, but also for the Rookie-Of-The-Year honors."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on Auto Club Speedway
"There are a couple of keys to being successful at Auto Club Speedway. The first is getting your car to handle well throughout the entire race. The track gets really slick as the race progresses and your car has to have the adjustability built into it. If you can keep up with the track, you are going to be in a position to battle for the win. Second, we will try to keep our car working on the bottom of the race track. If we can keep our car to turning on the bottom through the big sweeping corners, I feel like we will have a good day in our Verizon Wireless Dodge."