Vickers heads to the west coast and Auto Club Speedway for the Stater Brothers 300 * Vickers has made six Nationwide Series starts at Auto Club Speedway. He has two top-five and four top-10 finishes. He logged his best start of fifth and his...
Vickers heads to the west coast and Auto Club Speedway for the Stater Brothers 300
* Vickers has made six Nationwide Series starts at Auto Club Speedway. He has two top-five and four top-10 finishes. He logged his best start of fifth and his best finish of second at the Fontana-based speedway in October, 2009. He also has two pole positions at the track in Sprint Cup Series (September, 2004 and February, 2009) competition.
* Of his 48 career laps led at Auto Club Speedway, all have been in a Braun Racing car! In September, 2007 he led for 37 laps in the No. 10 entry and in October, 2009, he led for 11 laps in the No. 32 Dollar General Toyota!
* Chassis #37 proves to be top-notch! The Dollar General team returns to Fontana with chassis #037. This is the same car that Vickers drove to second place finishes last season at both Auto Club Speedway (October) and Michigan International Speedway (August). Vickers also sat on the pole position at Michigan with this car in August, 2009. The car was last seen on track at Homestead-Miami Speedway (November, 2009) where David Reutimann drove the Dollar General Toyota to a sixth-place finish.
* As the Dollar General team heads to the west coast, two crew members are returning to their "home" state. Front tire carrier Mikey Drake, is a Spring Valley native while rear tire changer Daniel Mondragon hails from Monterey, California.
* Vickers ranks in the top-10 in several Loop Data categories. These categories include: Average running position (5th), Driver Rating (7th), Closers (1st), Fastest Drivers Late in a Run (3rd), Fastest Laps Run (7th), Fastest on Restarts (8th), Fastest Green Flag Speed (6th), Laps in Top-15 (9th), Laps Led (8th), Quality Passes (3rd) and Speed in Traffic (2nd).
Vickers on returning to Auto Club Speedway:
"The Dollar General team had a great start to our season last weekend at Daytona. We were able to walk away with a top-five finish after some crazy racing. I'm excited to be heading back to California with the team this weekend. We had a great run here in October and finished second. We're bringing the same car back with us and I don't see a reason why we can't improve on that finish and find our way to victory lane!"
-source: braun racing