* Brian Scott makes his second NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Auto Club Speedway. * The Stater Bros. 300 marks the first time AccuDoc Solutions appears on the No. 11 Braun Racing Toyota Camry this season. * In his first start at Auto Club...
* Brian Scott makes his second NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Auto Club Speedway.
* The Stater Bros. 300 marks the first time AccuDoc Solutions appears on the No. 11 Braun Racing Toyota Camry this season.
* In his first start at Auto Club Speedway, Scott started 12th and finished 23rd
* Scott has struggled in two starts at Auto Club Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series finishing 23rd and 29th.
Scott talks momentum at Auto Club Speedway
"Auto Club Speedway is all about momentum. It has really long straightaways and flat corners, but they are very wide, sweeping corners. It is very important to keep up the momentum in the Nationwide Series cars because of the restrictor plate we run. Any type of mistake you make in the corners magnifies on the straights when you lose any speed through the corners. That said, I really like the different grooves a driver can find. You can change your entry and exits dramatically to suit the handling of the AccuDoc Solutions car. I like the fact you can move around and search for different lines on the racetrack."
Scott on attending Toyota Motorsports Day
"We have the opportunity to go to Toyota headquarters in Torrance, Calif. when we come out here. It's really an honor to drive for Braun Racing, the team that Toyota chose to lead their Nationwide Series efforts years ago. Toyota puts so much technology and engineering into our cars that it's a real pleasure to interact with the people that work so hard so you have a fast racecar. It's always so neat to make a personal connection and say thank you. The hardworking men and women in the Toyota TRD center give us the opportunity to be fast on race-day and they are some of our biggest fans. I love meeting Brian Scott Toyota fans!"
Scott shares the pressures of qualifying
Since we don't have any owner's points on the Braun Racing No. 11 car, we're forced to qualify on time for each of the first five races that set the field on last year's owner's points standings. It adds another dimension to the strategy for the weekend. Instead of working on race trim items, the majority of our focus will be on our qualifying setups. I know for a fact that Billy Wilburn will continue to lead us in the right direction and the AccuDoc Solutions team will put a fast product on the racetrack. However, it's pretty nerve-racking to be sitting there praying on factors outside our control like rain. Then we are just hoping on a good qualifying pill drawl to set our destiny.
The No. 11 AccuDoc Solutions team brought chassis No. BR51 for this weekend's Stater Bros. 300. BR51 is a one of a fleet of new cars for the Braun Racing No. 11 team.
-source: braun racing