Hoping to Regain the Momentum at Dover Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: *Â Â Â Â Â Â Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this year in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year ...
Hoping to Regain the Momentum at Dover
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Scott Lagasse Jr. will run his first full season with CJM Racing this year in the NASCAR Nationwide Series and compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors
* Lagasse Jr. lost a little bit of ground in the driver standings after the race at Lowe's Motor Speedway last weekend. He currently sits 13th in points just 48 out of the 10th position
* The Raybestos rookie points battle continues also; Lagasse Jr. is currently fourth; 11 points out of first
* The America's Incredible Pizza Company race team returned to race action last weekend in their own background. The team crossed the start/finish line in the 32nd position after an evening full of highs and lows at Lowe's
* Lagasse Jr. is no stranger to Dover International Speedway. He has five career starts at the "Monster Mile", three in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series (NCWTS) and two in the NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS)
* Lagasse Jr. has a best finish of 21st at the mile facility which came in the 2007 NCWTS race
* Lagasse Jr. along with other NNS drivers will be signing autographs Saturday morning from 8:45 9:30 outside of the Speedway. The session will take place at the Dover Speedway Fan Zone located behind the frontstretch
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* John E. Martel Jr. was heading home from Philadelphia Raceway on April 16th, 2009 when the quiet drive home soon turned into a heroic effort to save a man's life. Martel Jr. found a man lying in the middle of the road with both of his legs severed. Michael Kogan had stopped earlier to help a woman alongside of the road change a flat tire. This act of kindness soon turned into disaster as an oncoming car hit Kogan and the women. The woman died instantly and Kogan was left in the middle of the road to die. If it weren't for Martel Jr. and his quick reaction time, Kogan may not have survived the horrific accident. The Incredible Hero will be honored this weekend at Dover.
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on Dover International Speedway:
"I've always had a love/hate relationship with Dover International Speedway. I love to race on it but my results haven't shown that. It's a neat race track but if you get in trouble it's really hard to recover. There is constant beating and banging out on the track. It's fast paced and if you're not careful you'll become another statistic."
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on the Long Stretch Ahead:
"We've got 16 straight weeks of racing ahead of us and for us to get started out on the right foot is crucial. You have to do your best to save the cars, bring home solid results and look at the overall big picture."