No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-007 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Dover ...
No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-007 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway. PRS-007 last saw action in late March at the concrete 1.33-mile Nashville Superspeedway, where Allgaier finished in the 29th spot.
* First Time Here... Saturday will mark Allgaier's first race at the "Monster Mile." The 22-year-old driver has never even seen the one-mile high banked track before this weekend.
* Rookie Watch... Allgaier is currently second the Nationwide Series Raybestos Rookie of the Year standings. He is currently just three points behind leader Brendan Gaughan.
* Stop By... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store in Dover, Del. on Friday, May 29 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET. The Illinois native will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The Verizon Wireless store is located at 1045 North DuPont Highway, Dover, Del. 19901.
* Autographs Anyone?... Allgaier will appear at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Friday, May 29 from 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. ET. The trailer is located on souvenir row at Dover International Speedway
* Getting Hitched... Memorial Day was special for Chris "Yoshi" Jones as he was married on Monday, May 25. Jones, who serves as the tire specialist on the No.12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team, married Kayla Herring in Monroe, North Carolina. The two will reside in Concord, N.C.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Dover International Speedway
"I am excited to go to Dover. I have seen the last couple race tapes and it looks like a blast. You carry a lot of speed into the corners, and have to really get your car to rotate through the corners to be fast. I know [crew chief] Chad [Walter] will bring a package that will be good. We have had a good couple of weeks and need to continue to finish races in the top-15. We are getting into the part of the schedule where we are racing every week. I really like that. It is hard to keep up the momentum you build when there is an off week. This Verizon Wireless Dodge team is so strong. Penske Racing has put a great group of guys together and I am so lucky to be a part of it."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Dover International Speedway
"Dover is a great place to race. It is close racing for 200 laps. As a crew chief, you have to get the car comfortable for the driver to be aggressive every once in a while. The car has to be predictable so when the driver sees an opening he can take it. Justin has done a great job getting adjusted to the tracks. He has really done his homework, looking at race tapes and talking to the other Penske Racing drivers about what he needs to do on the track. As a team, we can't ask any more out of him.
"We know we need to get a good starting spot in order to have a strong race. Track position is paramount. You have to keep your car in the lead pack all day to have a shot for the win. I am confident if we stay out of trouble all day we will have another strong run with our Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger."