* Joey Logano picked up his first NASCAR Nationwide Series pole of the season, and his first at Dover, with a lap of 23.083 seconds, or 155.959 mph. * By winning the pole award, Logano became the youngest pole winner in the 41-year history of ...
* Joey Logano picked up his first NASCAR Nationwide Series pole of the season, and his first at Dover, with a lap of 23.083 seconds, or 155.959 mph.
* By winning the pole award, Logano became the youngest pole winner in the 41-year history of Dover International Speedway.
* Logano led the first 56 laps before giving way to teammate Kyle Busch. He led three times during the race for a total of 87 laps.
* Logano suffered minor damage to his left front fender around the middle of the race, which had an effect on the overall handling of the car.
* On a restart with two laps remaining, Logano was running second to Busch. Busch cut down a right front tire and Logano could not avoid getting into the back of his teammate. He was able to remain in second-place at the finish of the race.
* Logano finished first in most of the loop data statistics, including average running position and driver rating.
"I had a great car for sure. The GameStop Toyota was good and we led a lot of laps. I felt like I had a really good shot of winning this thing. I got behind Kyle (Busch) on the restart and I finally had a good restart. I was trying to stay right up on him. I wasn't going to make the move right then into that corner. I figured he would just blow my doors in so I was going to stay with him through the first corner and try to make a move after that. I got right up on his bumper and he went into one and let up earlier than I thought he was going to and I hit him in the back and that was pretty much what happened. There was no room for error where I positioned my car right behind him. As soon as he checked up a little bit because of his right front tire I got in the back of him. I thought something had to be wrong because he had been driving in much harder than that all day."
"I thought we were in good shape for the win there at the end. We had a really good car on the short runs. I'd take off pretty good and then I'd get really loose and that's when I lost it to a few cars and my car would start sliding back up and I'd start reeling cars back in. In the short run going into the last start, yeah, I really thought I had something for him. I hate that Kyle and I got together, but we were just racing hard. You have to attack this track every lap and we didn't have much room for error when he cut down that tire."