No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing News and Notes Heading Into Richmond: * The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Dover International Speedway on Saturday afternoon. He finished 18th at Dover in...
No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing News and Notes Heading Into Richmond:
* The Driver...Ricky Stenhouse Jr. will make his second career NASCAR Nationwide Series start at Dover International Speedway on Saturday afternoon. He finished 18th at Dover in May.
* The Organization...Roush Fenway Racing has three wins, 16 top-five and 26 top-10s in 50 Nationwide Series starts at Dover International Speedway. Stenhouse joins teammates Carl Edwards, Paul Menard and Erik Darnell in the Dover 200 on Saturday afternoon.
* The Machine...The No. 6 Ford Fusion will sport the familiar CitiFinancial colors this weekend. CitiFinancial is the primary sponsor for 24 races in 2010 with Stenhouse. United Way will be featured on the deck-lid of Stenhouse's No. 6 CitiFinancial Ford this weekend. The team will use chassis #RK-374 at Dover. Stenhouse used this chassis at Nashville in April where he finished 31st. He also raced this chassis at Bristol in August and finished 22nd.J
* On Air...The Dover 200 can be seen live on Saturday, Sept. 25, 2010 on ESPN2 with coverage beginning at 3:00 p.m. EDT. The event can also be heard live on MRN affiliates beginning at 3:00 p.m. EDT.
* Now Appearing...On Thursday Sept. 23, 2010, Stenhouse will visit the home office of CitiFinancial in Baltimore, Md. He will also visit a Dover area Boys and Girls Club on Friday, Sept. 24, 2010.J
Ricky Stenhouse Jr. on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a mean place. It's a fast track. I raced there earlier this year and learned a lot. We qualified in the top 10 and had a good race going until the end. We got a flat tire late in the race and didn't get the finish we deserved but we feel confident about going back there. Both corners are similar so that will help, but it is an easy place to get in trouble. I feel pretty good about getting up to speed in practice and feel confident that our CitiFinancial Ford will be fast in qualifying. I like high-banked tracks that are fast, so I am looking forward to going to Dover this weekend and tackling the "Monster."
Crew Chief Mike Kelley on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"Dover is a fast, high-banked track that is always exciting. The car that we are bringing is a proven piece and one that we're excited about. Ricky loves tracks that are high-banked so we feel confident that the CitiFinancial Ford will be competitive. Since we don't have to qualify on time, we can work on our race set-ups which is important for Saturday. This team is on a roll and we are looking forward to keeping it going in Dover."