Milestone 100th Nationwide Series start for Sorenson at Dover Notes of Interest: * Milestone 100th start for Sorenson! This weekend marks the 100th Nationwide Series start for Reed Sorenson, who made his NASCAR debut on August 7, 2004 at ...
Milestone 100th Nationwide Series start for Sorenson at Dover
Notes of Interest:
* Milestone 100th start for Sorenson! This weekend marks the 100th Nationwide Series start for Reed Sorenson, who made his NASCAR debut on August 7, 2004 at O'Reilly Raceway Park. Then 18-year old Sorenson drove the No. 41 Discount Tire car for Chip Ganassi Racing. He qualified an impressive third and finished the race in the 13th position. His NASCAR career has spanned from 2004 to present (2009), with a collective total of 235 starts in two series. Oh, and he's only 23 years old!
* Sorenson has six Nationwide Series starts at Dover International Speedway (DIS). He boasts three top-five and five top-10 finishes with seven laps led. His best start at the famed one-mile track is third in September, 2005 and his best finish is a second place in June, 2005.
* AccuDoc Solutions on board the No. 10 Toyota at DIS: AccuDoc Solutions is based in Morrisville, NC and provides billing- statement printing and processing to hospitals and hospital-based physicians.
Sorenson on racing at Dover International Speedway:
"I am looking forward to returning to Dover with the Nationwide Series. I've had some good runs at 'The Monster Mile' in the past and am very excited to head there with the Braun Racing team. Racing at Dover can be a lot of fun! It's like a Bristol, with the high banking, and very fast. The key here is to qualify well. Stewart Cooper [Crew Chief] and his team have turned out some strong cars this season. I think that we have a great chance of starting up front and making a run for the win with the No. 10 AccuDoc Solutions Toyota."
Sorenson on making his 100th Nationwide Series Start:
"It's hard to believe that this will be my 100th Nationwide Series start. It seems so long ago since I ran my first race back in 2004. I love what I do for a living and have had a lot of fun racing in the Nationwide Series. I would like to say a special thank you to my family. This is a tough and trying profession to be in and I am very fortunate to have such a great support system. I can't think of a better way to celebrate this start than with a trip to victory lane!"
* The No. 10 AccuDoc Solutions team will compete with chassis #039 in this weekend's Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway.
* #039 was last seen on track at Michigan International Speedway with David Reutimann behind the wheel (August, 2009).