* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-018 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway. PRS-018 last saw action in August at Iowa ...
* This Week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge team and driver Justin Allgaier will race chassis PRS-018 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series event at Dover International Speedway. PRS-018 last saw action in August at Iowa Speedway. Allgaier started on the outside of the front row, but was caught up in a late-race incident and wound up with a 15th-place finish.
* Top-10 Result... Allgaier made his first career start at the "Monster Mile" earlier this season, capturing a top-10 result in the Verizon Wireless Dodge.
* Stop By... Allgaier will visit the Verizon Wireless store in Dover, Del. on Friday, September 25 from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. ET. The Rookie-of-the-Year contender will meet with store employees and sign autographs for fans. The Verizon Wireless store is located at 1045 North DuPont Highway in Dover, Del.
* Newest Team Member... The weekend off for the Nationwide Series was a special one last weekend for Chris "Yoshi" Jones, tire specialist for the No. 12 team, and his wife Kayla. The two welcomed Carter Fulton Jones into the world on Friday, September 18. Carter weighed eight pounds and 10 ounces at birth. Both mom and son are doing great.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Dover International Speedway
"Dover [International Speedway] is a really fast track. It is a really fun place to race. You can run two-wide all the way around the speedway. We had a really good car there in the spring, and I feel like we have really improved as a team since then. [Crew chief] Chad Walter and all the guys on the Verizon Wireless Dodge team have really been on their game every week. We are bringing great cars to the race track each week and they are doing a great job on pit road. I was so proud of them after Richmond [International Raceway]. We struggled there in the spring race and to come back and have one of our best races of the season just says so much for this team. I am looking for more of the same for the final eight races. I am confident in our abilities as a team. We just need to finishes races and learn something every time we are out on the track."
Crew Chief Chad Walter on racing at Dover International Speedway
"Dover is a great place to race. It is close racing for 200 laps. As a crew chief, you have to get the car comfortable for the driver to be aggressive every once in a while. The car has to be predictable so when the driver sees an opening he can take it. Justin [Allgaier] showed his talent in the spring, finishing in the top-10. I am looking for the same sort of strong result this weekend.
"We know we need to get a good starting spot in order to have a strong race. You have to keep your car in the lead pack all day to have a shot for the win. I am confident if we stay out of trouble all day we will have another strong run with our Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger. "