Jason Leffler looks to tame the "monster" this weekend at Dover * Dover is the Site of Leffler's First Career NASCAR Win... Leffler's first NASCAR victory occurred at Dover International Speedway (DIS) in 2003. After starting 10th in the ...
Jason Leffler looks to tame the "monster" this weekend at Dover
* Dover is the Site of Leffler's First Career NASCAR Win... Leffler's first NASCAR victory occurred at Dover International Speedway (DIS) in 2003. After starting 10th in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series race, Leffler led for 57 laps before claiming the win!
* Leffler at Dover, by the numbers... In 14 Nationwide Series starts at Dover, Leffler has four top-five and eight top-10 finishes. His best performance at the one-mile, concrete track came in 2005 when he started 12th and finished 3rd in Braun Racing's No. 32 entry. He has posted top-10 finishes in his last four visits to the track.
* Leffler in the loop at Dover... According to NASCAR's Loop Data Statistics, Leffler is ranked in the top-10 in a number of categories including Closers (2nd) and Laps in the Top-15 (2nd). Leffler leads the field in passing with the breakdown as follows: Passes on the Frontstretch (2nd) and Passes on the Backstretch (7th). He is ranked 1st in passing in turns one and four.
* Leffler on SIRIUS' Morning Drive every Wednesday... Don't forget to tune in to SIRIUS Radio's "Morning Drive" with Mike Bagley and Pete Pistone every Wednesday at 10:30am to hear Leffler's take on recent events in the Nationwide Series and what you can expect from the week's upcoming race.
* Did you know? Great Clips is the longest-running sponsor in the Nationwide Series... Minneapolis-based Great Clips, Inc. came onto the scene in 2001 as a primary sponsor of Akins Motorsports No. 38 entry, then driven by Christian Elder. Kasey Kahne drove the car from 2003-2005, before Leffler took over the wheel in 2006.
Leffler on "The Monster Mile"
"The Dover race is always an exciting one. Everyone compares it to a Bristol on steroids and that's a pretty good description for it. There's a good reason they call it the "Monster Mile." For a one-mile track, it's really fast. It's also pretty narrow, so there's not a whole lot of room to negotiate through the turns. Being able to charge hard into the corners so you can keep up your momentum on the straight-aways is really important. It's a place where to be fast, you have to be right on the edge with your set-up. This has been a good track to me over the years. My first NASCAR win came at Dover in 2003 when I was racing in the Truck Series, so I have good memories there but I'd certainly like to make a new memory with a win this weekend in the 38 Great Clips Camry!"
The No. 38 Great Clips team will unload chassis #025 in this weekend's Dover 200. Leffler has driven this chassis to two top-five finishes this season, including a 3rd-place at Iowa Speedway and a second-place at Bristol Motor Speedway in August.
-source: braun racing