No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger News and Notes * This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-031 during Saturday's Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway (DIS). Keselowski last drove...
No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger News and Notes
* This Week's Charger... The No. 22 Penske Racing Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger team will use chassis PRS-031 during Saturday's Dover 200 at Dover International Speedway (DIS). Keselowski last drove this chassis to a 12th-place finish at Atlanta Motor Speedway in August.
* The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge Charger in 2010... After 27 races, Keselowski and the No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge team currently lead the Nationwide Series driver point standings by 373 points over second-place contender Carl Edwards. Keselowski has led the standings since his win at Talladega Superspeedway in April.
* Adding to the Record... By taking the checkered flag in the last Nationwide Series race at Richmond International Raceway, Keselowski extended his NASCAR record with his 94th consecutive Nationwide Series race without a DNF (Did Not Finish).
* Series Leader... Keselowski leads the Nationwide Series in top-five finishes (19), top-10 finishes (22) and laps completed in 2010. He has completed all but one of the 4,889 laps contested this season and has led the field for 957 of those circuits.
* Dover Rewind... After qualifying his No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Charger in the third position at Dover in May, Keselowski quickly raced his way to the front of the field to lead laps early before battling back from a mid-race spin to finish seventh. With the result, Keselowski carried an 11-point lead into the next event at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
* Keselowski Speedway Stats... In 74 speedway starts in the Nationwide Series, Keselowski has accumulated three wins, 29 top-five finishes, 43 top-10 finishes and four pole awards. In addition, he has led the field for 791 laps at tracks between one and two miles in length.
* Ruby Tuesday Race to the Championship... To highlight the run to the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series championship by Keselowski and the No. 22 Ruby Tuesday Dodge Challenger team, Ruby Tuesday has launched the "Race to the Championship Sweepstakes." Race fans can visit www.rubytuesdayracing.com for a chance to win a 2010 Dodge Challenger R/T to be given away at the NASCAR season-finale weekend at the Homestead-Miami Speedway, November 19-21.
Brad Keselowski on the differences and similarities between Dover and Bristol, two of his favorite tracks
"Dover and Bristol are alike and different in several ways. They are alike in the sense that they both have elevation changes, and both are concrete tracks and have a lot of banking. Probably the biggest difference between the two is the way that they take rubber. They take rubber so differently that it changes the groove throughout the race. Dover is also a bit faster and the track is a bit rougher than Bristol, especially since it was resurfaced not long ago."
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on Dover International Speedway
""When I was driving, I always looked forward to going to Dover. I had some decent runs there over my years as a driver. I was probably more of a fan of Dover behind the wheel, though, than I am as a crew chief. It's an awesome racetrack, but it can give you fits. It's really demanding on your equipment. They call it the 'Monster Mile' for a reason. In Brad we have a driver that loves the challenge of racing at Dover, so if I do my job and give him a capable car, I'm confident he can win again."
-source: penske racing