* Chad McCumbee will make his 3rd start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series behind the wheel of the No. 09 Ford Fusion for RAB Racing in this weekend's event at Dover International Speedway. * McCumbee is also scheduled to be back behind the wheel...
* Chad McCumbee will make his 3rd start in the NASCAR Nationwide Series behind the wheel of the No. 09 Ford Fusion for RAB Racing in this weekend's event at Dover International Speedway.
* McCumbee is also scheduled to be back behind the wheel for the sophomore team at Charlotte Motor Speedway in two weeks for the Tech-Net Auto Service 300.
* Ben Gable is no longer crew chief for RAB Racing. A new crew chief for the No. 09 Ford Fusion has not been named. Robby Benton, RAB Racing's Owner/General Manager will assume duties at Dover this weekend.
* RAB Racing will sport an Autism Speaks blue puzzle piece logo on the No. 09 Ford Fusion this weekend in support of the nation's leading autism science and advocacy organization.
* On Friday, May 14th Chad McCumbee will join other NASCAR Nationwide Series drivers for an autograph session at Dover Air Force Base from 6:30-7:30 p.m. for the airmen and their families.
McCumbee at Dover: Chad McCumbee has four starts at Dover International Speedway in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series. His average start is 11.5 (best start, 5th-2009) and his average finish is 13.8 (best finish, 7th-2009). However, this will be McCumbee's first NASCAR Nationwide Series start at the 1-mile oval.
Honorary Pit Crew Members: 10 NASCAR Nationwide Series teams will host airmen from Dover Air Force Base on Saturday. RAB Racing's "Honorary Pit Crew Members" include Lt. Col. Ralph Nicholson and Lt. Col. Keith Muschinske. Both are members of the Air Force Mortuary Affairs operation.
In the Garage: Ashley Parlett, RAB Racing's car chief, calls Dover International Speedway her "home track". The 27-year-old Wye Mills, MD native grew up racing open-wheel sprint cars. She built every car she ever raced and when the time came to get a "real" job she didn't venture far from her roots. Parlett has worked with RAB Racing since 2008 and continues to be one of the only female mechanics in the NNS garage.
Points Check: Following a 28th-place finish by Chad McCumbee at Darlington Raceway, the No. 09 entry owned by Robby Benton slipped one spot in the 2010 NASCAR Nationwide Series owner point standings. The sophomore team currently sits 24th in points a mere 50 markers outside the top-20.
Meet the Drivers of the NASCAR Nationwide Series: McCumbee will join fellow NNS drivers for an autograph session on Saturday, May 15th from 8:00-9:00am in the fan zone area at Dover International Speedway.
-source: rab racing