Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts: * Scott Lagasse Jr. joined CJM Racing in September of 2008 and ran seven races for the organization. He averaged a 19th-place starting position and a 24th-place finishing position * Lagasse Jr.'s...
Scott Lagasse Jr. Quick Facts:
* Scott Lagasse Jr. joined CJM Racing in September of 2008 and ran seven races for the organization. He averaged a 19th-place starting position and a 24th-place finishing position
* Lagasse Jr.'s career best finish came at Lowe's Motor Speedway where he crossed the finish line in 13th
* Lagasse Jr. will compete for Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year honors this season in the NASCAR Nationwide Series with CJM Racing
* Lagasse Jr. grew up not too far away from Daytona Beach, Fl. The 28-year old is a resident of St. Augustine, Fl. and graduated with a Bachelor's Degree from Flagler College
* Lagasse Jr. has one start at the famed Daytona International Speedway. He competed in the 2008 NASCAR Camping World Series race where his day was cut short due to an accident
CJM Racing Quick Facts:
* The 2009 season marks the second season CJM Racing will compete in the NASCAR Nationwide Series full-time. The team finished up the 2008 season 17th in owner points
* Paul Wolfe will be atop the pit box this weekend calling the shots for the first time with CJM Racing
* CJM Racing transitioned over to Toyota Camry's this off-season. The team will bring a brand-new chassis to the superspeedway (#07)
* The alliance with Joe Gibbs Racing continues in 2009. The partnership formed late last year will allow the teams to share technical information as well as research and development
* America's Incredible Pizza Company and CJM Racing recently announced the Incredible Heroes Campaign. Local heroes will be recognized and honored throughout the 2009 season
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on the Off-Season & Looking Ahead:
"This is the opportunity that I've been dreaming for, wishing for. I can't quit grinning. It's been an amazing off-season for me. I've been able to relax and enjoy seeing my family and spending some time with Paul Wolfe (crew chief), Brent Weaver (general manager), the team owners and the guys on the team. What I'm pretty excited about and I think that's going to surprise a lot of people with this small, young team is that we are hungry and have been working really hard. I can't wait to get back out on the race track and show everyone just what we are capable of."
Driver Scott Lagasse Jr. on What Would Make for a Good Season:
"For me, I obviously want to win the Raybestos Rookie-of-the-Year. I want that and I want to say that I did that. There's very, very good equipment in the NASCAR Nationwide Series that we're going to race against. On the performance side, I want to win some races and on the personal side of things the objective is to build on our relationships and have fun doing it."