Justin Allgaier Debuts his new colors in Daytona February 10, 2009 No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes â€¢ This week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless team will race chassis PRS 551 during Saturday's...
Justin Allgaier Debuts his new colors in Daytona February 10, 2009
No. 12 Penske Racing Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger News and Notes
• This week's Charger... The No. 12 Verizon Wireless team will race chassis PRS 551 during Saturday's NASCAR Nationwide Series season-opening event. This is a brand new chassis to the No. 12 team's fleet.
• Rookie Sensation... Justin Allgaier might be a rookie in the Nationwide Series, but he is no stranger to Daytona International Speedway. The 22-year-old has competed in two races at the 2.5-mile superspeedway with a career-best finish of second in last spring's Daytona ARCA/REMAX Series race.
• Welcome Aboard... Penske Racing is proud to welcome Verizon Wireless to the organization as the sponsor of the No. 12 Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger and driver Justin Allgaier. Verizon Wireless is America's most reliable wireless voice and data network.
• In Store Promotion... Both Allgaier and his Penske Racing teammate, David Stremme, will be signing autographs at the Verizon Wireless store in Daytona Beach, Florida. The appearance is scheduled from 6:00-7:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 13.
• Victory Lane... The last time Allgaier got behind the wheel of a stock car at a superspeedway he went to Victory Lane. The Illinois native captured his first superspeedway win last fall at Talladega.
• Come and See Me... Allgaier will sign autographs at the Penske Racing souvenir trailer on Thursday, February from12-12:30 p.m. ET. The trailer is located on souvenir row outside of turn four.
Justin Allgaier on driving at Daytona International Speedway
"I can't wait to get back into the racecar. It seems like this off-season has taken forever. (Crew Chief) Chad Walter and all the guys on this Verizon Wireless Dodge Charger team have been really working hard on all of our cars and I know it is going to pay off in Daytona.
"Daytona is a place where I have raced before in an ARCA car. You have to be patient and survive until the final third of the race and then start to make your move. The cars really bounce around a lot down there so you have to have a setup that is fast, but also gives your car the ability to handle".
Crew Chief Chad Walter on Daytona International Speedway "I am ready to get going. This has been a great off season for the Verizon Wireless team. We have added some great people to our team that is really going to pay off right off the bat. Justin is a great talent and we are looking forward to having lots of success together.
Daytona is a place where if you do all of your homework you will be fast right off the truck. I know we have worked hard in the off-season to make sure our cars are as aerodynamic as possible and we feel like we have a car that is going to be competitive. Hopefully, we are only going to have to make a couple of minor adjustments to dial it in for the race."