* The Winn-Dixie 250 powered by Coca-Cola will mark Brian Vickers eighth Nationwide Series start at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). In seven previous starts, Vickers earned three top-10 and two top-five finishes. * Vickers has two starts...
* The Winn-Dixie 250 powered by Coca-Cola will mark Brian Vickers eighth Nationwide Series start at Daytona International Speedway (DIS). In seven previous starts, Vickers earned three top-10 and two top-five finishes.
* Vickers has two starts at Daytona in Braun Racing entries already under his belt. In July 2007, Vickers earned a 13th place finish in the No.32 Camry and earlier this season in February, he finished fourth in the No. 10 Camry.
* There is no doubt Vickers knows what it takes to maneuver the mentally grueling restrictor plate racing of Daytona International Speedway. In eight Sprint Cup starts at Daytona International Speedway, Vickers has two top-10 finishes to his credit and logged 34 laps led.
Dollar General on board with Vickers at Daytona
* This weekend Dollar General will sponsor the No.32 Braun Racing Camry. Be sure to sign up for the Dollar General "DG300 Toyota Tundra Showdown" for your chance to win one of four Toyota Tundras. When you sign up, you pick a Braun Racing driver to support, either Brian Vickers or Jason Leffler. Eight finalists will be selected to attend the Dollar General 300 at LMS in October. The driver that finishes highest on the track in that race, Vickers or Leffler, will win Toyota Tundras for the four contestants that supported him. The contest will run until September 7, 2008. Anyone can sign up at the Dollar General displays at the track, mail in entries available at Dollar General locations, and online at www.dg300showdown.com.
Vickers on racing at Daytona International Speedway "Restrictor plate racing is very challenging because you have to be on your game every second. Daytona is a really fun track if everything is going your way but anything can happen in an instant and you have to be prepared for anything. You are at the mercy of all the other drivers on the track and you need them to help you get to the front. I'll have my teammate Jason Leffler helping me out but at the end, it's every man for themselves and I hope we're up there fighting for that top spot."
Equipment Information The No. 32 Dollar General team will compete with chassis #26 in the Winn-Dixie 250 at Daytona International Speedway. This is the same chassis Vickers raced at Daytona in February where he started 11th and finished fourth. Dave Blaney also raced this chassis in the February and July Daytona races in 2007. He finished second and third respectively.