* New Team and New Charger... The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team will make its debut while using chassis PRS-026 during Sunday's NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season-opener at Daytona International Speedway. PRS-026 is a brand new chassis to the...
* New Team and New Charger... The No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team will make its debut while using chassis PRS-026 during Sunday's NASCAR Nationwide Series (NNS) season-opener at Daytona International Speedway. PRS-026 is a brand new chassis to the new No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge team.
* Double Duty... Driver Brad Keselowski will be competing in both the NASCAR Cup Series and Nationwide Series events at Daytona. In addition to racing the No. 22 Discount Tire Dodge in Saturday's Camping World 300, he will make his Daytona 500 debut in the No. 12 Penske Dodge on Sunday. Keselowski enters the 2010 Nationwide Series season as a favorite to produce the first NASCAR title for Roger Penske after consecutive third-place championship finishes.
* Daytona Dodge Debut... Keselowski has several Nationwide Series starts under his belt at Daytona, but Saturday will mark his first start at the historic 2.5-mile oval in a Dodge. The Keselowski family has a long history with the Detroit-based automotive manufacturer. Keselowski's uncle, Ron, made his Daytona debut in a Dodge Charger 500 in 1970.
* The Rest is History... In three previous NNS starts at DIS, Penske Racing entries have recorded one top-10 finish (Justin Allgaier, 7/09) and have completed 298 of 342 laps contested.
Brad Keselowski on racing at Daytona International Speedway
"The Daytona Nationwide race is a great way to start the season. The field is usually very strong and the fans get to see some great restrictor-plate racing. I ran really well there last year but made a mistake at the end of the race. Our Discount Tire Dodge is strong and I'm ready to redeem myself this year. We're running for the championship in this series and I know there will be some challenges when we get to the non-companion events, but I feel fortunate that Penske Racing has given me this opportunity. I'm a racer and I love to be behind the wheel. Our Nationwide program is solid and if we can have some good fortune, I think we will be right there fighting it out for the title."
Crew chief Paul Wolfe on racing at Daytona International Speedway
"A lot of hard work was put in by our guys during the off-season. It's not easy to add a new team but everyone has accepted responsibility in getting us up to speed and I think the results of that work will show quickly. Penske Racing as a two-car Nationwide Series team will be very strong. Mr. Penske gives us everything we need to go out and win races. I know we are entering this season as one of the favorites to win the championship and that is something we should take pride in, but they are not just going to give it to us. My guys are up to the challenge."
-source: penske racing